• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

BIG News Coming Soon.....

Birthday present to myself! Atlas heavy duty 8" hyd. Jackplate to carry my Verado 300 Pro! A big thanks to Nick at Nick's Creative Marine for hanging the motor and rigging her up as a birthday gift. I love you bro! My wife also got me some Checkmate swag and a gift card to Eddie Marine! I see some anodized red bezels in my Pulasare's future!

Attachments

• 20160523_201059.jpg
    20160523_201059.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20160525_084506.jpg
    20160525_084506.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 20160524_174100.jpg
    20160524_174100.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 67
congrats Jup! but why didn't you just have Eric Simon turn that 275 up to a 300? I talked with him a couple yearsw ago and he said that this could be done very easily and at a cheap price.

congrats Jup! but why didn't you just have Eric Simon turn that 275 up to a 300? I talked with him a couple yearsw ago and he said that this could be done very easily and at a cheap price.

Eric Simon can flash the computer and build more horsepower on the 275 but there are some other major differences between the 275 and 300 Verados. Mainly, the 300's have forged pistons/rods etc. vs cast and the 300's have a windage tray to reduce horsepower robbing oil sloshing in the crankcase. Furthermore, I went from a 2006 Verado 275 to a 2012 Verado 300 (with only 130 hours) and also got the Platinum Mercury warranty til 2019!! Lastly, between what I sold my 275 for and what I paid for the 300 it was a no brainer decision! I'm lucky to have good a good Checkmate friend that lives close by!!:bigthumb:

Thought I'd give you an update on my Pulsare 2400 Bowrider. Just bought some bling for the dashboard and something to monitor my Verado 300 Pro! Mercury SmartCraft SC1000 gauges (speedometer and tachometer) with white rims and red bezels!

Attachments

• IMG_1920.jpg
    IMG_1920.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 22
Is the speedo gps or water pressure?

You'll love the smartcraft tach - I would like to add a gps speedo to mine, but at the time they were all water pressure not gps . . .

Is the speedo gps or water pressure?

You'll love the smartcraft tach - I would like to add a gps speedo to mine, but at the time they were all water pressure not gps . . .

The Speedometer works off of water pressure that is sent to a sensor on the motor (no more running a water pressure line to the dash). From what I'm told they're fairly accurate. I'll find out once I compare it to my GPS app in my phone. Either way, I excited to being able to monitor my motor functions from the gauges!!

Eric Simon can flash the computer and build more horsepower on the 275 but there are some other major differences between the 275 and 300 Verados. Mainly, the 300's have forged pistons/rods etc. vs cast and the 300's have a windage tray to reduce horsepower robbing oil sloshing in the crankcase. Furthermore, I went from a 2006 Verado 275 to a 2012 Verado 300 (with only 130 hours) and also got the Platinum Mercury warranty til 2019!! Lastly, between what I sold my 275 for and what I paid for the 300 it was a no brainer decision! I'm lucky to have good a good Checkmate friend that lives close by!!:bigthumb:

Jup, I don't want to derail your thread so I started another one. Can you jump in there when you get a chance? Here's the thread link:

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?p=668731#post668731

Finally installed my SmartCraft gauges! It's nice to have data at your fingertips!! Dash is looking sweet with the red bezels! I think I'll have to get a red anodized steering wheel too! I was also surprised by only seeing 90.2 hours on the meter! I guess having two Checkmates keeps the hours down!! lol

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpg
    IMG_2712.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2713.jpg
    IMG_2713.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 49
Finally installed my SmartCraft gauges! It's nice to have data at your fingertips!! Dash is looking sweet with the red bezels! I think I'll have to get a red anodized steering wheel too! I was also surprised by only seeing 90.2 hours on the meter! I guess having two Checkmates keeps the hours down!! lol

Looks nice, and that digital data is priceless! I just installed an N2K gateway, so I can now get engine data on my raymarine gps/plotter. Its nice having that info easy to see on a bigger screen when youre running 80:bigthumb:

I have the ICON gauges on my starliner, which are the Evinrude equivalent...they're smarter than I am right now and I'm not maximizing their capability. :( It will have to wait until next summer.

Did you have to put a .1 GPS puck on your boat for your speedo to work?

I have the ICON gauges on my starliner, which are the Evinrude equivalent...they're smarter than I am right now and I'm not maximizing their capability. :( It will have to wait until next summer.

Did you have to put a .1 GPS puck on your boat for your speedo to work?

I haven't dropped it in the water yet to check the speedo. From what I've been told, the speedo works off of the water pressure sensor. The SmartCraft directions stated that if you're running a multi engine boat with SmartCraft gauges a GPS antenna must be used for trolling applications..Maybe I'll get a chance to run her this Sunday to tinker with the new data...

My speedo was dead until I installed a Lowrance puck. For some reason I thought the GPS speedos had a internal antennae like a hand held GPS, however that was not the case with the Evinrude gauges.

My speedo was dead until I installed a Lowrance puck. For some reason I thought the GPS speedos had a internal antennae like a hand held GPS, however that was not the case with the Evinrude gauges.

Similar situation with my Livorsi/Merc VantageView, you're able to select what source for speedo you want, water pressure or GPS, with water pressure my speedo was off by 3 to 5 mph depending on speed so I went & got an antenna puck & programmed the VantageView to read the GPS antenna signal.

Doing a few upgrades to my Pulsare 2400 Bowrider. I found that my Isolator Boot separated from the intake so I installed a new Isolator Boot. My lift pump also started to fail so I brought the boat into the Mercury dealer to have that replaced. Thank goodness for the Platinum extended warranty!! While at the shop, I'm going to replace the old analog trim, temp, water pressure & fuel gage with the SmartCraft linked gages to match my SmartCraft Tach & Speedometer. That way, I can monitor everything at a glance! I'm also going to add a GPS puck to the SmartCraft Speedometer because at the speeds and motor heights I'm running, the SmartCraft speedometer does not read accurately from the water pressure. Lastly, I'm going to look into replacing the faded compass in the dash and I may even get around to replacing the faded red rubrail insert...if I get motivated enough! It’s hard giving both boats the attention they need; I tend to focus on my 2800 for a while and then I go back to the Pulsare for a while! Both very different animals. The 2800 is a beast and a driver’s boat that can bite you if you don’t pay attention. The 2400 is mild mannered, never gets out of shape and makes boating easy but....the ear to ear grin comes from 75+mph blasts of twin 2-Stroke screaming 3 liters!!

Attachments

• EF56A14D-3279-4080-90FA-71EDDCA49F19.jpg
    EF56A14D-3279-4080-90FA-71EDDCA49F19.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 17A354C5-E01E-40CD-8C37-71AD2637BF2F.jpg
    17A354C5-E01E-40CD-8C37-71AD2637BF2F.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Let us ( me ) know what you use for the speedometer - ( part numbers would be great! ). I have the smartcraft tach and an old water pressure speedo that isn't hooked up. I would like to replace it with a gps speedo.

Gauges...man...they're not cheap. In an earlier post on this thread I was complaining about my gauges being smarter than I am. Turns out that's only half true. I wasn't smart enough to order the correct gauges for the G2, but since the marina ordered the exact parts I specified, I can only blame myself. So, I just ordered the correct ICON gauges, but since we just got snow and the current temp is about 32 degrees F (as in F-that) I won't get to play with them until next season. :irked:

So jealous of you southern boys sometimes...okay, most of the time.

If you find red rub rail, please post where you get it from.

Checkmate told me that red is not available, that when it was manufactured back around 2005-2010 is was not color stabilized like it was supposed to be so they all discoloured in the sun:yell: They said Taco is the manufacturer now and they don’t do red.

Back