• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ran my Verado 400r

I believe George Fuller of Fuller's marine in NJ is running a 400R on a 24 Superboat. That's also a narrow hull. Maybe reach out to him via their FB page.

Hayabusa hit a new top speed with his 400R powered BRX! I'll let him fill you in with the details!!:thumb:

Don't know if it's a new top speed but definitely it was a solid 83.5 running it at WOT for a good 3 min till I glanced at my fuel gauge & saw a 1/3 of a tank & I was by Port Mayaca, a good ways away from the dock.

And now "The Rest of The Story"

Well it's been a few months since my last post, 😂 sounds like I've been on AA 😂😂😂 & many more since some serious testing, last test was with my friend Nick & my set back was at 14" & porpoising was still present so I went to the Bob's 6" extreme & never really got to test till this past Sunday & WOW what a difference, from having to really work hard at steering it to stay upright 😂 to now steering with one hand if I had to, it is that nice to drive now, no more porpoising at WOT & at high speed cruising. So Sunday I met my Nick with his 30' Velocity at the lock in the St.Lucie River & went for some testing.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 48
I took with me my 24 Bravo I FS, my labeled Bravo 24, my 25 labeled Tempest,
the 25 & 26 Blasters & this is were I'm at now:

24FS 76 @ 6850
24 worked Bravo 77.5 @ 6800
25 worked Tempest + 79.5 @ 6800
25 Blaster 81 @ 7100
26 Blaster 83.5 @ 7000

AND I joined the broken prop blade club, my 25 Blaster threw a bit more than a tip, I guess it was bound to happen.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I still want to get to 85 so, don't know if it's doable, maybe a Mazco RE4, Spinelli DR4 or the Hydro P-5, or try again their Quad IV or a Blaster 27 or 28 like KCT11 has been saying.

I took with me my 24 Bravo I FS, my labeled Bravo 24, my 25 labeled Tempest,
the 25 & 26 Blasters & this is were I'm at now:

24FS 76 @ 6850
24 worked Bravo 77.5 @ 6800
25 worked Tempest + 79.5 @ 6800
25 Blaster 81 @ 7100
26 Blaster 83.5 @ 7000

AND I joined the broken prop blade club, my 25 Blaster threw a bit more than a tip, I guess it was bound to happen.

Interesting data. I now know there's more speed in my setup with just a prop change. I've GPS's at 72mph spinning a stock Bravo One 24 with my (your old) Verado 300 Pro! Maybe with some prop tweaking I can sneak up on 75 mph!

Well it's been a few months since my last post, �� sounds like I've been on AA ������ & many more since some serious testing, last test was with my friend Nick & my set back was at 14" & porpoising was still present so I went to the Bob's 6" extreme & never really got to test till this past Sunday & WOW what a difference, from having to really work hard at steering it to stay upright �� to now steering with one hand if I had to, it is that nice to drive now, no more porpoising at WOT & at high speed cruising. So Sunday I met my Nick with his 30' Velocity at the lock in the St.Lucie River & went for some testing.

Just for inquiring minds that want to know; that old 30' Velocity with triple Mercury 300 Promax's runs in excess of 90mph! At 90 plus it's a handful to drive but what a blast!!!!!

Just for inquiring minds that want to know; that old 30' Velocity with triple Mercury 300 Promax's runs in excess of 90mph! At 90 plus it's a handful to drive but what a blast!!!!!

So true, I was doing 80 & Nick went by me like like when I'm doing Mach.90 in my Citation X passing an airliner doing Mach.78...effortlessly, all I could do is smell that 2 stroke mix 😂 :lol:

Hey Hayabusa, still on vacation this week with the family and definitely want to catch up with you next week when back about throwing blades. Based on your detailed data on your different props, the setup seems to certainly make the difference in several areas that impact the prop vs speed.

Back