• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1979 Exciter Restoration

Update

Thanks for all the replys here are some new pics
We use Photobucket so you can click on any photo and see the complete album

oct%2022%20010_zpsyktn37ra.jpg

Wow

That flake is great, such a nice old school look. amazing how the older hulls still look great. Nice restoration.

Cant wait!!!!

Hey to all out there new to this or any forum. That's my checkmate that Ronny's working on. I have known that boat since new my older brothers friend bought it new. I was only 10Yrs old and he would come out to our family cottage with it and i thought that's the nicest boat going i would try to bare foot behind that boat for hrs and lots of water skiing. He kept the boat until 2003 when a friend of mine bought it from him i had no idea he was selling it. By that time the old 79 200 blackmax as gone and a new evinrude E Tec 200 went on the back i mentioned to him if he ever sells it to let me know. well last year he bought a new boat and removed the E TEC off the back and called me i bought it :drool::surf::surf::surf:right away!!!!! I have found an 88 200 blackmax that as been fully rebuilt and now getting painted i have new 79 decals for it as well. As soon as i can figure out how to post pictures (Not great with computers) i have a couple from the 80's that i will post. Cant wait till Ronny is done with paint then i will get it back to my shop and start the reassembly process.
Thanks for all the Positive comments Ronny does Amazing work and is very fair for the quality of work you're getting
Marc

Last edited:
Back