• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1983 Enforcer speed

Rob B

Staff member
I've been following the other thread on breaking 80 in a 24' Pulsare, and the wildman's run in a 24' that he setup. So my question is what type of speed would I get in a 23' Enforcer w/ 250HP Evinrude, 24P raker and 24" gil bracket? I'm not sure the prop height since the motor is off the boat. They both look similar and the difference in the two are as follows:
24' Pulsare beam 99" weight 2000 lbs
23' Enforcer beam 92" weight 2100lbs.

I did, but never really open it up on top end, it will get to 65mph in a hurry though.:p
I think you better drop the prop down to a 17p left hand rotation, bolt another flywheel on top for added weight, and pump in some water to the bilge area. I would hate to show you up to bad and I would say you might be able to keep up but only with dem special mods;)

I think you better drop the prop down to a 17p left hand rotation, bolt another flywheel on top for added weight, and pump in some water to the bilge area. I would hate to show you up to bad and I would say you might be able to keep up but only with dem special mods;)

I think moving the gas tank to the front would help on da special mods also.:D

That's my problem, :irked: I been going about this all wrong. Thanks guys, this should make a big difference, can't wait till spring to try.

I'll get some true numbers once I get the mate back together and it warms up. I forgot to mention the mate has seastar hydraulic steering and I removed the trim tabs. Hopefully I'm lighter with all the wet wood gone.;)

I didn't realize that the 2400 was so much wider....

I didn't either and after reading the thread DJ posted I wanted see the differences. I read somewhere that the 24' pulsare was made from the enforcer mold or a modifed mold. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I read somewhere that the 24' pulsare was made from the enforcer mold or a modifed mold. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

You are correct, I don't get how they could have modified the hull that much...it's not like the deck flares way out or anything. I know that they got the additional length by flaring out the back of the deck, that is why twins would require major modifications on the 2400.

Speaking of twins, your boat is screaming for them!!!!!!!!! Then you could switch back to Mercury power as well. lol

HD

You are correct, I don't get how they could have modified the hull that much...it's not like the deck flares way out or anything. I know that they got the additional length by flaring out the back of the deck, that is why twins would require major modifications on the 2400.

Speaking of twins, your boat is screaming for them!!!!!!!!! Then you could switch back to Mercury power as well. lol

I would love to have one Merc 300 hanging off the back.:D I'm not sure what kind of trade I could get for the Johnnyrude 250hp though.

This is from another thread.
No, I can't take credit for that. But I was in the shop a few times while they were converting the old Enforcer to make the 2400 plug. That was a neat transformation! When I ordered my new trailer from C-Hawk, I found out that the bottom on both boats are the same, just stretched a bit to make the 2400. Like wise, the 2100 and the 2000 are nearly identical from chine to chine. The strakes are a little different in the front, but at 75+mph, that part cane barely see water! I have video to prove it! boatman

Here's the link:http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14183

HD

the mould for the 2400 was made from a Enforcer hull. The wider beam results from a little more freeboard; hence the 2400 is a little deeper, wider and longer.

The 2400 isn't longer by much; I believe my Enforcer LOA is either 23'9" or 23'10". compulse170, put a tape to yours and let me know how far I'm off:D

here's the thread where boatman4021 admits to actually witnessing the Enforcer to 2400 transformation:cool:

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14183&highlight=Enforcer&page=2

the mould for the 2400 was made from a Enforcer hull. The wider beam results from a little more freeboard; hence the 2400 is a little deeper, wider and longer.

The 2400 isn't longer by much; I believe my Enforcer LOA is either 23'9" or 23'10". compulse170, put a tape to yours and let me know how far I'm off:D

here's the thread where boatman4021 admits to actually witnessing the Enforcer to 2400 transformation:cool:

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14183&highlight=Enforcer&page=2

Oh snap double post, I found the same thread earlier.:)

If I remember correctly the they made the hull deeper, but the deck more shallow.

HD

When looking at the pics it does appear that way. Bottom line(no pun intended), the 2400 and Enforcer should have similar performance characteristics. That is the one reason I snapped up a Enforcer rebuild; essentially getting a Pulsare 2400 for a fraction of the cost.

When looking at the pics it does appear that way. Bottom line(no pun intended), the 2400 and Enforcer should have similar performance characteristics. That is the one reason I snapped up a Enforcer rebuild; essentially getting a Pulsare 2400 for a fraction of the cost.

So depending on the motor, setback, prop etc, we should get similar results that double J is getting on his breaking 80 thread?

So depending on the motor, setback, prop etc, we should get similar results that double J is getting on his breaking 80 thread?

I see no reason why we shouldn't; thats what I'm banking on. Look at the attachments. same lines, same hull ......... pretty much the same boat.

Attachments

• cmpulse.jpg
    cmpulse.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 24
  • pulsar-2400-sideview-Lg.jpg
    pulsar-2400-sideview-Lg.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 25
  • wildman2400.jpg
    wildman2400.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 23
Back