• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1995 21 Checkmate Pulsare LD.. 90+ mph boat

Pulsare

Back up for sale, found another boat that I have my eye on. Since original listing i've added a nice Sportmaster, Fatshaft, 1.62 gears. Even dropping down 500 rpms with the taller gearing, it managed to better my previous speed. The boat ran 92.4 @ 6,000 with my 4 blade. Boat complete with sportmaster, prop, etc... 14,500 Thanks, Sean 904-962-7500

I'm pretty sure I knew the orginal purchaser of this boat....from southwest wisconsin. Use to hang out at the sandbar I go to on the Mississippi. Looked brand new the last time I saw it (2005?), although it had a 200 Johnson on it.

-Craig

The 200 Johnson that was on the boat when new was built and put out around 280 hp on the dyno. That boat was running mid to upper 80’s back in 95, on radar – no gps back then…

GPS is not always corect, i dad a mx15 that would do 78mph no the gps every time out hot or cold and humid,,,crazy # for a 15' right.
BUT a would blow the hondo jet guys out of the water and they all clame 103-120mph, ha ha ha
it is what it is.
show up at a river run and line up, its beter than whining on the forum
p.s. i told everyone the mx15 would only do 60, sleepers are cool

A 250 hp motor is going to use just under roughly 10% of its HP in Gal/hr at WOT, so somewhere around 20-30gph, within reason... Most Pulsares have a 32gal tank. So you're looking at somewhere like a 1.5h run time. So maybe 100 miles or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 250 hp motor is going to use just under roughly 10% of its HP in Gal/hr at WOT, so somewhere around 20-30gph, within reason... Most Pulsares have a 32gal tank. So you're looking at somewhere like a 1.5h run time. So maybe 150 miles or so.

Interesting. Thanks for the response. Some folks are running dam to dam here at Lake of the Ozarks for time and it seems like it would be a good candidate for that run on a smooth morning. 92 mile channel, so a fill-up at the other dam and blast back could work. Thanks again.

A 250 hp motor is going to use just under roughly 10% of its HP in Gal/hr at WOT, so somewhere around 20-30gph, within reason... Most Pulsares have a 32gal tank. So you're looking at somewhere like a 1.5h run time. So maybe 100 miles or so.
You'll never make anywhere near 150 miles with a xb250 on a Pulsare. They make good power, therefore thirsty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back