• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2001 Evinrude 250 HP schrader valve gas leak

If it were me I would put a male-male connector in there and clamp it down. If you ever needed to check your FP, you could put a set up inline similar to the ebay link.

If it were me I would put a male-male connector in there and clamp it down. If you ever needed to check your FP, you could put a set up inline similar to the ebay link.

I'm thinking the same thing. As I stated earlier the BRP fix/repair eliminated the valve.

I'm with Matt. Get a male to male barb fitting in whatever size you need from the hardware store along with 4 full stainless hose clamps so you can double clamp each side just for safety's sake and call it a day.

I went one step further and replace the entire hose, cost $14.00 as oppose to $214.00.:D The local parts store had the fuel injection hose with maximum of 225 psi. Four screws held the lower cowling on, easy to remove and replace. The schrader valve was toast, you could pull the stem out by hand with little effort. Here's the pictures:

Attachments

• DSCN4068.jpg
    DSCN4068.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN4069.jpg
    DSCN4069.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN4070.jpg
    DSCN4070.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 32
The plastic schrader valve and the lower cowling back on.

Attachments

• DSCN4072.jpg
    DSCN4072.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN4073.jpg
    DSCN4073.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN4074.jpg
    DSCN4074.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 25
Good call! That fuel injection hose is good stuff. You should be set for a long time.

John

I didn't want to splice a high pressure gas hose not after looking at the schrader valve so it was a no brainer . Just replace a 3' section and be done with it. :thumb:

Andy Steele

Hi, I know this is an old thread which I found by searching around to try and fix my problem with a 90HP Evinrude Bomardier here in the UK. I had the same fuel leak as this guy and thought I had solved the problem by using a very string silicone to seal the brass valve back in. It worked by stopping the fuel leak but my engine now has an intermittent vibration and bumping sound every few seconds, in between it runs fine. I have tried to source the part (schrader valve) over here without any luck. Any help or advice would be appreciated, especially part number, it is exactly the same as the picture in Rob B's post.

Back