• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2016 Muskoka Checkmate Rally

nice pics. was a pleasure to meet some of the gang and we look forward to joining next year. we will have ours back in water next week with luck

Thank you Muskoka!

I've been to several meet ups and this was the best "running" out of them all. Those Pulsares, Exciter, Pursuader were all flying and looked awesome doing it. Thank you for the conversation and hospitality. We'll be back!

PS: Satasha has a ton of pics she'll try and get posted. :cheers:

Hey Chris, Was going to ask you " How you enjoy your trip to the great white north" How many hours and how many miles, Pretty country up that way too! I've wanted to do it again since the first one! Only 6-7 hr drive for me. Good people up that way too!

Those Tuff boats looked well "Pretty Tuff"! looked they would run 70mph at about 2500 rpms

Hey Chris, Was going to ask you " How you enjoy your trip to the great white north" How many hours and how many miles, Pretty country up that way too! I've wanted to do it again since the first one! Only 6-7 hr drive for me. Good people up that way too!

Those Tuff boats looked well "Pretty Tuff"! looked they would run 70mph at about 2500 rpms

You can say that again, those Tuff boats look awesome !:banana:

Thank your Bruce for capturing the group in pictures, I think you got all of us at your three stops. I hope to see a few action shots posted shortly

I think this year is the 8th year of the Muskoka Checkmate Rally and it has the best turn out ever. We started in Gravenhurst with about 19 boats, with an early morning casualty of Bill's 250 E-tec which would have made it 20 to start. Lunch was also 19 ( we lost one and gained one). And the Apre's drinks being about 11 boats. We had good water in the morning and then after lunch the lakes were very choppy with both wind and boat wave making is a little less enjoyable. I heard that our run clocked about 100 mile on GPS from start to finish. Kind of cool since the original steam ship the "RMS Sequin" on lake Muskoka always advertised the 99 Mile Cruise which is a similar route to which we all ran.

For me and a few in this group this is our home lake and we enjoy sharing the boating experience and friends we meet during this event.

As always a special thanks to "Muskoka" for organizing and planning this event.

See you next year.

Beautiful pics of some great looking boats!!! Those TUFF 28's are just plain SICK!!! I'm curious, how are the noise laws up that way? When I get a new trailer, I'd love to make a trip like this, but my old girl is pretty loud now and I wouldn't want to cause any trouble for myself or others. I notices the TUFF's were running mufflers is why I ask.

Beautiful pics of some great looking boats!!! Those TUFF 28's are just plain SICK!!! I'm curious, how are the noise laws up that way? When I get a new trailer, I'd love to make a trip like this, but my old girl is pretty loud now and I wouldn't want to cause any trouble for myself or others. I notices the TUFF's were running mufflers is why I ask.

Hey Corey,

I think the laws are no open mufflers within 5 miles of shore. I have never personally heard of anyone being ticketed for it though. I think it would be a bigger deal if you came up regularly or lived on the lake, your neighbours would probably get angry.

Overall we had a great time again this year. We took a different route than everyone else and only ended up doing about 80 miles. We did not end up taking very many pictures, nor did I bring out the gopro, but there were people with cameras and gopros. It would be interesting to see what they captured.

The little locks:
fXxuYNQ.jpg

Chris on the way home:
dWmuG1X.jpg

Greg on the way home:
0ExKOKJ.jpg

It was also interesting for us to meet Greg and Amy, their boat was brought up from Checkmate at the same time, to the same marina that we bought ours from. I'm not sure if they are on the forum or not, I think they were forwarded the rally info from the marina where they store their boat.

Where did you end up getting to on the way home Chris?

Thanks for the pictures, it really looked like great time. Also for Corey, you could run with Chris and when they see his smoke, they may ignore the noise from the LS! Nothing is like the smell of a two-stroke in the morning!

Where did you end up getting to on the way home Chris?

We made it a little South of Toronto... Milton I think. Room was pretty cheap because of the exchange rate. They almost paid us to stay the night. :poke:

We had about a nine hour drive on Sunday and had a little bit of drama as a tire let go at about 70 MPH (110 KPH). The unnerving part was the lack of shoulder for about a half mile. I was able to limp it to a safe area and changed my tire in about 15 minutes and was on my way again though without any damage to the fender.

What a fantastic day on the water, it's been an annual highlight for a number of years now. The humbling Tuff boats are always outstanding, however this is truly a great crew of seasoned boaters that like to go fast, with good equipment. Also really enjoyed running with drop top this year he had his Convincer hauling all day. Special thanks to the organizers. Cheers to faster boats and the next season!

1100 miles of driving
112 miles of boating
2 countries
3 days
Fantastic scenery, delicious food, new friends, and memories for a lifetime.
Muskoka Lake, Ontario, Niagara Falls, and a lot between here and there.

We don't hand out any awards for this event but I would like to mention that DropTop5.0 with his twin outboard convincer is the boat and crew that have traveled the farthest to join this event of anyone in the past. so glad you guys made the effort participate in this event.

Cheers
Ian Z.

Epic day

Haven't been online since the Muskoka run. I want to thank everyone who arranged a fantastic day on the water. Really glad I joined in for the day. Enjoyed meeting everyone and we hope to be there next time. Thanks to Bruce for all the pics, we are still trying to upload a u tube video of the day. Ian, I appreciate you stopping at my dock,and I will be stopping by yours again, I love that gas powered blender.

Back