• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

70 71 grady?

i will take the curse off.just another toy.i refastend the deck for the owner about 5 yrs ago and buffed it up . was amazed that there was very few cracks in the top deck. has a deck over the deck ,will need to be completly gutted ,tag says its rated for a 140 hp. i must be sick!its not going to be fun taking top deck off im sure the 5200 is still holding. and the price was right for me..he gave me 500.00 to take it away!

Paul , gotta tell yah G-W's have always been a boat built like a brick chit house and just curious how is everythng else structurally , stringers , transom , ect ........and yes she will be a fine Craft When Done .......

its all in need of replacement but the glass is a very heavy lay up...someone put a deck on top of the old rotted one.i will fix it because i like it and these boats re-sell nice here...there is alot of retired people and a 15 ft boat is easy for them to handle.i am asked constantly for something 15 ft or less.i sold a72 15 ft starcraft that i had givin to me,made it into an open boat with a center console it 2 days after i put on the roadside....for a very nice profit!:cheers:

That's a cool project! Do you work in the boat building industry or got your own fabrication shop?

if there is enough boat work i just work on the boats...i prefer working on boats!

Working on boats is therapy from my real job.:D I sit at a desk all day so tearing stuff apart and putting it back together is a way of venting.:brickwall:

i really enjoy re building them and improving the orig. structure. i asked a guy i worked with in my younger days why they dont just build the boats to last forever,,,it is possible! he said they would go out of bussiness! they wouldnt be building new boats so i decided that i would recycle old boats. gone green boats!:cheers:i could never sit at a desk for more than a half hour.
i was lucky also we had a glass shop in high school.learned alot as we had some good shop teachers that knew how to teach and made it interesting.

Back