• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

71 mx-15 restoration and build

Looking good!
You useing the motor that came with it?What hp?

If you get bored next winter I could haul mine down to give you something to do.:bigthumb:

No I plan on using a 71 Evinrude 125. The motor that it came with was in rough shape. It was locked up. My friend I got it from took it apart and lost some of the parts. I think it was a 85. Ya you don't want to work on her yourself.

1342148030014_zpsaff3114a.jpg
3/4 ply, glass, glass, 3/4 ply

1342148013183_zps320bb89a.jpg

1342148018255_zpsb3bd3ab6.jpg

1342148015204_zps529b0683.jpg

1342148013581_zpscca591a4.jpg

I remember those days all to well when I started the resto on my Vmate I . Mine is all back together pretty much just need to send the motor out for a rebuild and she is pretty much ready to go . Keep up the good work and cant wait to see what you do with her .....

Hard to belive some people will let a boat deteriorate like that.
Glad to see your bringing her back to life, nice work.
Just wondering what dad was not happy about.

My dad was not happy that the deck was sitting in the yard for like 3 mounts and had to cut the grass around it. Ya she was rough. But I'd like to think if you show some love to a girl that has not gotten it in a long time. She will treat you right in the long run or I'm hoping so.

Back