• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

78 Trimate-III Resto....

Before anybody says anything about my plastic seats... they are temporary... being that I am not good at this vinyl thing, i decided not to brave it... Ill order them, either thru checkmate(if they make it) or i have found a set premade ones I like...but these allow me to get wet...

now back to the pic I mentioned before...the motor pick.... well I found a deal i couldnt resist...lets say...:sssh:
IMG_3789_zpsba3c9ca2.jpg

mystery box shows up...its no yami....
IMG_3788_zps72270a20.jpg

interesting mid...
IMG_3787_zps5008c778.jpg

interesting cowl....

IMG_3815_zps6f19caad.jpg

oops how did that find its way there..... the counter rotating demon motor is gone... the new egg beater is on....its an 88 Limited Edition Second Effort motor... little info on it... it started Life as a 225... the Second Effort (OMC factory race team) got a hold of it...so its got the second effort foot, thats no cone added....standard gears..balanced blueprinted, tighter heads, open exhaust, different ignition, basically 8k RPM limiter over the stock 6200...Lighter Cowl, and a few other goodies...:devil:

IMG_3833_zpsf7f87d2a.jpg

Last weekends outing...was a Fail...

motor cranks and runs decent on the hose... but never ran it for any length of time...

in the water... not so much... but nothing major, because this is an Second Effort motor... it has no Fuel Pump! :brickwall:

So now I am on the road again with work, trying to figure out what size electric fuel pump to put on this bad boy... lol....:shakehead:

Also I have some more interior pics to come as I finish up the details but those will have to wait till im back home in a month to month and a half....

Looks great. Love what you have done to this boat. It come a long way. That motor should really push it down the lake.

IMG_3833_zpsf7f87d2a.jpg

Last weekends outing...was a Fail...

motor cranks and runs decent on the hose... but never ran it for any length of time...

in the water... not so much... but nothing major, because this is an Second Effort motor... it has no Fuel Pump! :brickwall:

So now I am on the road again with work, trying to figure out what size electric fuel pump to put on this bad boy... lol....:shakehead:

Also I have some more interior pics to come as I finish up the details but those will have to wait till im back home in a month to month and a half....

As far as fuel pump goes, I have this one https://www.holley.com/712-801-1.asp

I have used in on a Modded 2.4 Merc, a 225XP and an old 235 Rude and it worked great on all of them.

do you know if the graphic here is same for the 77 trimate or are they diffrent. mine was bordering on tacky so we have been searching for the correct graphic for the name. we also had to repaint our gel was done. we went with petite marine epoxy eurothane. we also noted you have a side rail inside on the floor were the paddle is. ours does not have this. we are lucky our interior vinyl is great. going with painted floor and snap in mats like newer searays and whaler

do you know if the graphic here is same for the 77 trimate or are they different. mine was bordering on tacky so we have been searching for the correct graphic for the name. we also had to repaint our gel was done. we went with petite marine epoxy urethane. we also noted you have a side rail inside on the floor were the paddle is. ours does not have this. we are lucky our interior vinyl is great. going with painted floor and snap in mats like newer searays and whaler

Trey has a vinyl cutter and made those you see on the checkmate.

Yeah as Rob said, all the graphics were custom on a vynil cutter I had access to, if you are interested a local sign shop probably could do them for you, I'd offer but I no longer have access to the cutter, good luck!

okay i appreciate the info. i will get the sgn lady up te street to have a look. she does nice vynl work. she had already taken the numbers down and is waiting to do her art to the hull. again thanks

Back