• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

78 Trimate-III Resto....

caddman

So I am going to start this thread a little late, but I will post some pics from the begining...Or atleast get Cmpulse170 to till I figure it out:D....

Basically it not as deep as some restos but who knows it could always go there....

Im starting out from the outside, backwards from most but I want to be able to use my boat this summer and get to the hard stuff if needed in the winter, also gives me some kind of expectations as to where and what I need to do.....

So I am going to start this thread a little late, but I will post some pics from the begining...Or atleast get Cmpulse170 to till I figure it out:D....

Basically it not as deep as some restos but who knows it could always go there....

Im starting out from the outside, backwards from most but I want to be able to use my boat this summer and get to the hard stuff if needed in the winter, also gives me some kind of expectations as to where and what I need to do.....

Very easy to post pictures since you're a supporting member. Basically put your pictures on the c:drive in a folder then use the attachment link (looks like a paper clip) that will let you load three pictures at a time.:thumb:
If I can get a kitchen pass from my wife I would come over and help with the resto.:D

Lol yeah I got that part but most of my pics are too big...grrr... I also cant find the ones I was trying to put in my photos last night.....the ones you messaged me about... their gone now...blah

Lol yeah I got that part but most of my pics are too big...grrr... I also cant find the ones I was trying to put in my photos last night.....the ones you messaged me about... their gone now...blah

Are you talking about the water shots are the ones on the trailer in front of the house?

the begining!! find boat on checkmateforsalebyowner.com or something like that, drive to indy,indiana from charleston sc....these are the for sale pics

Attachments

• IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 84
Meet up with Cmpulse170(rob) try and go out but doesnt work well for me... but get some start point pics

Attachments

• DSCN0658.jpg
    DSCN0658.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN0659.jpg
    DSCN0659.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN0660.jpg
    DSCN0660.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 105
now some more retso begining shots... as of yesterday

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 71
more begining shots...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 61
and more....some of these were just to have shots of the decals just in case i want to remake them or a variation of....

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 37
now here is a close up of the gelcoat...not saving this so i a gonna paint it....

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 19
Now i want to know if this is cheating! ;)

benifits of having a 14000 sqft building to do this in.... which has a coverted apt out of the old offices, aka my home:bigthumb:

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 37
So far so good!!:D this is how all of the mounting bolts look...
and everything is lookin good on the transom, holes dry, wood looks good in them, only think I see is way to many holes, looks like the moved the speedo pick up three times, one time the even glassed over the screws? PITA to get them out!!! but I got em....there is a couple of other holes i dont know what they are for they are to the sides of the transom about 1/2 or so in size one on each side, they are plugged and siliconed, I removed the silicone and the plugs wood looks good around them but I dont know what they were for?.... also looks as if the once was a diffrent motor on here 4 holes to the outside of the current mounting holes, they are glassed in good but currently visable...

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 37
So that was yesterday....
Today luck is not so good its sanding time....
I did find this on the bottom of the hull.....
now to be honest I found this a while back and began working on it from time to time before the resto, but today I am completing the clean up if you will, most people find problems where people dont fix issues or dont fix holes/scrapes etc... this is a case of the opposite they fixed it water tight, just didnt finish is nor did they know how to put glass on correctly, not that this isnt fuctional, but not the right way and a PITA to correct thank god I have air body sanders to get this mess back straight.. and FYI i am using west system with fillers to correct any imperfections in their work, aka low spots etc.....now back off to sanding, but I was told I needed to post my pics and get this thread going....thanks CMpulse170!:poke:

oops forgot the pic...

Rob I got em I just reposted from my library,but I started a gallery I figure it might be easier but it seems not.....

Attachments

• IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 38
Yeah I know some how I only got my thumbnails to come thru... it where i am having trouble getting my pics right, at first it was telling me they were to big....now that I am "up to date" I will work on getting them to a decent size....

I guess if anybody want to see bigger pics of the previous posted let me know which ones I will work on getting them better sized... grrr whats is a good size to be?

Back