• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

ANYONE want a "WOODY" read this...

jrumon

I have had a beautiful classic 1947 Chris Craft 22' Sportsman WOODY for several years... It attracts attention for sure. It's a labor of love, but too much of a collectors item for me!

It is a great boat, but NOT user friendly for the kids of mine (4 of them 12 & under). They love watersports and I refuse to risk doing anything in this boat other than just rides around the lake... so it sits in the garage and collects dust! It is a shame, but my lifestyle is not condusive to running it much....

Think of the movie "ON GOLDEN POND"... this is that kind of boat!!!

Want a WOODY???? Haa...Haa... quit laughing!!!
Seriously, if you have ANY INTEREST in owning a WOODY... let me know, I may be willing to TRADE or SELL this baby to a good home (or should I say adopt it out)???
I really want another CHECKMATE to play with!!!:drool:

THANKS COOP...

IT IS!!!!!! Every year I say it's time to sell, but just haven't been 100% serious on actually parting with her... I'm in denial but it IS time for it to go! Thinking spring it will go to auction or the antique boat show sights for sale.

Its hard enough to get the wife to go out and spend the day with me now.
If I'm sporting WOOD next spring she definitely won't do a damn thing with me.......................................................whats the aking price!

Last edited:
If it's around in the spring, bring it out on the lake and canals by my house (near the old chris craft plant)......the actually have a parade of all the old boats in Algonac also. Many collectors and BEAUTIFUL woodys on my father canal. Pop a for sale sign and cruise around here, the people would go crazy over it. Good LUCK! I'd love to see pics.

Back