• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Atlantic City Powerboat Rally (Poker Run

I'm the lucky SOB who is Chuck's photographer tomorrow!
There will be photographic evidence!

wingman2.png

That sounds like a great time. It makes me wish I lived back in NJ again. I hope you have a great time and great weather. I am curious, will the route be inland or will you be on the ocean?

That sounds like a great time. It makes me wish I lived back in NJ again. I hope you have a great time and great weather. I am curious, will the route be inland or will you be on the ocean?

We were the smallest boat to run the ocean:
http://www.timsharkey.com/njpbc-2018-atlantic-city-checkmate

Chuck showed them all who’s boss behind the wheel.
An awesome run. Returned this morning at 65-70mph all the way back in the ocean.
I think we were about 25-30mins from AC to Barnegat Light.

Last edited:
Outstanding photos and obviously the same for your driving and kudos to your passenger for hanging on. Would probably be a good idea to take a wrench and screwdriver to every nut, bolt and screw on the boat and engines!!

Excellent pictures!

ChuckK

Outstanding photos and obviously the same for your driving and kudos to your passenger for hanging on. Would probably be a good idea to take a wrench and screwdriver to every nut, bolt and screw on the boat and engines!!

Excellent pictures!

ChuckK

On the drive home in my truck the next day, my hand was cramping all afternoon from holding on tight in the ocean on Friday and Saturday.
10 mins into the ocean, we had already lost 6 screws holding a bolster down. By the time we were in AC, we have popped 12+ and loosened all the rest.

Go big or go home! :bigthumb:

Good point Chuck K about tightening down all the bolts and screws. I will certainly be checking everything out before the next run.

My challenge is to find a better way to hold down the inner rail mount for the bolster seats because they sit directly over the gas tank with only an inch before hitting it. I was contemplating an aluminum plate approx 2" wide x width of inside boat floor for the front mounting portion of the seat base. I'm questioning if screws holding the outside part of the bracket that would run accross both seat would be enough.
I will get pictures to see if anyone has some suggestions. It would be tough riding the boat from the back seat::D

Attachments

• 2800 poker run air 3.jpg
    2800 poker run air 3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 11
Back