• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bdusted440's 20' checkmate

icon_biggrin.gif
xxrotflmao.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
SOLD
icon_biggrin.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
xxrotflmao.gif

Hey kip can I still get a interior for it?

devil.gif

CHECKMATE'S AND MOPAR'S GOTA LOVE EM

Details brother, we need details.
Pictures too.
bounce.gif

GusAvatar2.jpg

Forums4.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+ / Sky jacker 6" plate / 25p Laser 2 prop, Currently the boat is undergoing overhaul.

Congrats!! Have fun, looks like a great project boat!!

Forums4.jpg

Checkmates owned: 1995 Pulsare 2100BR/1995 Mercury Promax 225 2.5 EFI. 1995 Persuader 183/4.3 LX V6. 1992 Pulse 171/1992 Mercury XR6 150 hp 2.5 liter.

bounce.gif
bounce.gif
xxrotflmao.gif
working on pics have to borrow a camera. She needs alot of tlc
xxrotflmao.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
But well worth the money
thumb.gif

Another successfull Road Trip - I'm glad it worked out for you !!!

We are some crazy bunch, my wife thought I was nuts when I drove 23 or so hours to get mine.

Never Worry Never Fear, Checkmate Owners are Always Near !!

Bruce

Awesome!

bd, give Mike a call and give him the Vin number. He can tell you what the correct colors of the interior should be. I'm 99% sure they can recreate the interior for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forums4.jpg

Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Post me his number if you would this is the boss's big thing a nice interior.For me its speed. The trimate is now just for me and the ambasador is for the family.
icon_biggrin.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

The number is 1-419-562-3881

Forums4.jpg

Webmaster

any pics yet? Welcome to the Ambassador club. Not a very common boat, but lot's o' fun! Glad to hear you kept this one from the boat-junkyard. Pics, Pics, Pics!!!!!

19'7" '87 Checkmate Ambassador - Blue on White.

icon_biggrin.gif
Well the engine runs good the drive works.
power steering works
hull good one scratch on driver side. easy fix
interior shot
will buff out nice
gages work
lights need help
hardware needs help
trailer good but needs new wood for steps
driver seat floor has been replaced
needs new carpet
will be done by spring
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

77 trimate merc150xr6
84 ambasador v8 i/o project

Very nice, the deal is sounding better and better all the time.

GusAvatar2.jpg

Forums4.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+ / Sky jacker 6" plate / 25p Laser 2 prop, Currently the boat is undergoing overhaul.

icon_cool.gif
Got pics there at the photo lab being transfered to disk so I can post them.Got ahold of mike working on getting the interior.I now have serious cabin fever.Come on spring
icon_biggrin.gif

77 trimate merc150xr6

bd,

I'm going to move this thread over to Play to Win where we can keep it going as your new project progresses!
icon_smile.gif

Forums4.jpg

Webmaster

thumb.gif
Thanks chris. Oh and thanks BB for checking it out for me.
thumb.gif
Started buffing it out today the silver looks great with just the fast action compound.I cant wait to see it after the whole process.I'm using race glaze compounds on it . It's a three step process bill taught me. Worked great on the trimate and is working extreemly well on this project.The black has come back and it is usually the hardest color to buff out as it absorbs all the sun light it gets and bake's dry but it shines nice and will look like new.Does anybody know how to refinish teak wood? Or have any info on omc stringer drives? Mine say's hi-perf on it.Any ideas? Well I'll be working on it all day christmas eve and I'll take some more pics.I'll get these pics up as soon as posible.
icon_biggrin.gif
CHECKMATE'S RULE
icon_wink.gif

77 trimate merc150xr6

When you get ready to do the teak wood let me know. I can help.

GusAvatar2.jpg

Forums4.jpg

icon_smile.gif
Talked to mike combs yesterday and gave him the vin he's going to get me all new skins for her and some gel and fleck to fix a few spots.
Working on getting the bilge pumps and lights working today. I sent chris pics so they should be up soon.
thumb.gif
I need to find a set of removable coolers that are missing and if anybody could send me pics of the back seat and the wood it would be a great help as mine has been replaced and does not open very well.
well thats all for now CHECKMATE'S RULE
icon_cool.gif

77 trimate merc150xr6

Back