• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bdusted440's 20' checkmate

icon_wink.gif
Thanks gus I still have a long way to go but now I can see light at the end of the tunel.
Now comes the expensive stuff.The pace will slow down now.
icon_frown.gif
But I know what I have to work with and I like what I see.Good thing the motor and controls are all mounted on the trimate or it would be sitting a while.
icon_biggrin.gif

CHECKMATE'S AND MOPAR'S GOTA LOVE EM
77 trimate merc150xr6
84 ambasador v8 i/o project

Here are some pics of the teak.

BD15.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forums4.jpg

Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

BD16.jpg

Forums4.jpg

Webmaster

icon_confused.gif
Hey gus where can I get that spar varnish.I cant get it at my local marina's.
icon_razz.gif

77 trimate merc150xr6

Go to a paint store bd.

I sell it in my store.

See if there is an ICI Paint store or even a Glidden store near you. They will probably sell a spar varnish.
icon_smile.gif

Forums4.jpg

Webmaster

Yea, most places that carry paint and stain carry the varnish. Good luck. The teak looks to be in good shape.

GusAvatar2.jpg

Forums4.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+ / Sky jacker 6" plate / 25p Laser 2 prop, Currently the boat is undergoing overhaul.

brickwall.gif
The teak isnt to bad but after sanding you can still tell it's aged. It should look good when done. The swim platform is the worst.
I have the swim platform teak sanded and the first two steps done .Waiting for it to dry to put the spar varnish on and sand.I'll post pics when these pieces are done.
biggthumpup.gif

77 trimate merc150xr6

Good to hear. The wood soak's it up nice.

GusAvatar2.jpg

Forums4.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+ / Sky jacker 6" plate / 25p Laser 2 prop, Currently the boat is undergoing overhaul.

icon_biggrin.gif
Yes it does but I did something the last person didnt. I sealed the back of the teak too.I hope this makes it last longer.
biggthumpup.gif

77 trimate merc150xr6

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Glad to see the thred back.
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

77 trimate merc150xr6

The first pic of the teak is the finished product the second pic is after the 50/50 coats.
It came out very nice.Now i'm doing the side steps and the cabnet's.Spring is only two months away.CHECKMATE'S RULE
devil.gif

Logo.jpg

77 trimate merc150xr6

brickwall.gif
sanding sanding and more sanding.I dont think I have finger prints anymore.Oh well will be nice when done.Does anybody have info on regeling fiberglass? What brands and or mixing ratios to use. I'm going to regel the black and sides. only way to get rid of the water sains I think.All idea's and info greatly apriciated.
thumb.gif

CHECKMATES RULE

Logo.jpg

77 trimate merc150xr6

Nice to see someone else with no finger prints. Sanding the bottom on the trimate. Oh the joy.

GusAvatar2.jpg

Logo.jpg

I read bmac's gel thred at s&f got some good info.his boat looks good now. What do ya think gus any other way to get rid of the stains beside's gelling. I've tried sanding and buffing.No go.
brickwall.gif

Logo.jpg

77 trimate merc150xr6

bounce.gif
Well got it out today and back to work on it.Glad the snow is gone.The ice is off the river wont be long now.I had better get my but moveing eh.
thumb.gif

The snow is starting to melt a bit up here too. They are calling for plus temperatures for the next five days or so. It supposed to be about 55 degrees on Monday.
thumb.gif

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
wENT FOR A NICE RIDE TODAY.STILL HAVE ALOT OF WORK TO DO TO IT BUT IT'S NICE TO RELAX ON IT FOR A WHILE.DROVE IT FOR ABOUT 7 MILE UPSTREAM AND BACK PURRS LIKE A KITTEN.STILL MAKING IT LOOK PRETTY THOUGH.WELL BACK TO WORK.
thumb.gif

wish i knew you were out i would of met you out there!!! pass the word on about my enchanter would you. im gonna try to get it out soon to selllocally if possible!!

kevin

Back