• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate back in Miami Show 2016

yeah I saw that and wondered if it was a extra zero. I've never heard it called a 2600.
very cool for Will but that is a let down not to see something new.

I'm not sure how many new boats are being built . I'm hoping they can get some orders coming in with the economy starting to pic up a little. They build some nice boats that's for sure !! It probably is called a 2600 to go along with the 2400 & 2100.

"very cool for Will but that is a let down not to see something new."

Good to see CM back at the Miami Boat Show but I'm surprised they would bring a used boat to the show (no offense Will). I know manufactures build very few stock boats anymore but you think they could have come up w- a new 2600.
Hope they get a few orders out of the show!:bounce:

I guess owners of a business can call their products anything they like, but if they are now naming the 260 a 2600, hopefully soon they update their brochures and web page to reflect the changes.

Wills boat looks brand new . Its impossible to take better care of things better than him. The Punisher will be in the Grand Rapids boat show also if anyone wants to go check it out. I guarantee it will be the big hit for sure. I like the idea . The more boats make the show way better. I quit going to boat shows waaaaaay back after lack of powerboats being represented. I can see a pontoon or wakeboat anywhere. Glad to see them taking 6 boats to Miami.

I don't think the model name has changed to 2600, more like whoever wrote the article got it wrong. Wills boat is a season old but cleaner than when he first took delivery. He is very meticulous with his upkeep.

In really suprised they have never had the punisher down in Miami I guess cuz they'll never build another one but at least it could show off the craftsmanship of that beautiful beast and maybe drum up some excitement for the brand.

In really suprised they have never had the punisher down in Miami I guess cuz they'll never build another one but at least it could show off the craftsmanship of that beautiful beast and maybe drum up some excitement for the brand.

They push Hustler on the big boats; not checkmate.

I dont think i am going to buy a Hustler if i want to buy bigger. Imo that strategy isnt going to work.

Problem Child-
Hate to be a downer but GDP was just announced Friday. Only .7 (!) percent increase for the final quarter. Keep in mind, the GDP formula was reconfigured recently. If using the old formula I suspect negative GDP growth. Boating industry as a whole is probably in the tank like the economy.

Just announced today; 151,000 jobs created in January. It takes 150,000 just to tread water. I assume its difficult to buy a boat without a job.

Last edited:
Boats should be flying of the shelf.

Because,
According to Obama and some Democrates your economy is humming right along.

From a Canadian perspective, someone is believing him, cause our dollar has taken a kicking from two things. Low Oil prices and strong American economy.

I'm not sure where I said the economy is booming and I actually believe things are much worse than they report. I have built a small construction company from scratch (not born into and handed to me) 25 years ago so I know what you are getting at. I generally try to only post positive things here since we are linked directly to the Checkmate website. Here in Michigan even though things are not what they have been in the past every single person I know is back to work that wants to be. I certainly could not have said that 2 or 3 years ago thats for sure. Just hoping things turn around and get better for all .

94-95 million no longer in the work force, not looking for jobs. Correspondingly, labor participation rate lowest since 1970's (Carter). These people don't buy boats--I think. And our biggest economic problem is minimum wage?

Like i said before; time for checkmate to buy a few containers and doing the EU boat shows and the arab Dubai boat show... There is still lots of green dollars around.

Fishing in the same pond as your competitor and there is no fish around in your pond anymore; time for the next pond.

Back