• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate only shipped me 1/2 a boat!!

WILDMAN

I just got this 7ft fiberglass 1/2 boat from Checkmate. I'll custom paint it and hang it on the wall. I'll put a pair of 10" tall toy Mercury outboards on it!. Gonna be different!

101_0093-1.jpg

101_0094-1.jpg

That hull is 7 feet long?? Looks like an R/C hull in the pics, you could always throw a couple weedeater engines in it, and some heavy duty electronics and run it! So what's the story on the boat? Is it supposed to be a Convincor? Either way, that's pretty cool!

Ya, that is really cool. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Like CheckmateFever said, "What is it"? Model wise, I can't tell. When I first looked at it I thought maybe it was some kind or prototype, but I don't see any steps in the hull so let's hope it is just some kind of weird side project.

Get to paintin, Wildman...

i would like to have the other half
it would look great on the wall of my as yet unbuilt man cave

Edit to my first post, i just noticed that it is litterally just half a hull!! I thought when you said 1/2 a boat i thought it was just cuz it was small, now i see it is just a hull split down the middle!!

Ya, that is really cool. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

Like CheckmateFever said, "What is it"? Model wise, I can't tell. When I first looked at it I thought maybe it was some kind or prototype, but I don't see any steps in the hull so let's hope it is just some kind of weird side project.

Get to paintin, Wildman...
It is a scale model of a 30ft Baja Outlaw. Regardless it is an awesome wall hanger and the full boat is an awesome possible rc toy.

Baja sent the full boat model to the University of Michigan for wind tunnel testing, then later several boats went to dealers. Many of them went out the back door for employee's so who knows how many are out there.

The half model was created by Dean R. before he was at Checkmate to make some extra cash in between jobs I believe.

It is a scale model of a 30ft Baja Outlaw. Regardless it is an awesome wall hanger and the full boat is an awesome possible rc toy.

Baja sent the full boat model to the University of Michigan for wind tunnel testing, then later several boats went to dealers. Many of them went out the back door for employee's so who knows how many are out there.

The half model was created by Dean R. before he was at Checkmate to make some extra cash in between jobs I believe.
We have one completely restored and was in the water yesterday

Back