• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2015

RNGRDVE

We are close to wrapping up planning for the 6th annual Checkmate Owners Rally at Lake Cumberland. The dates for this years event will be July 17, 18 and 19. There's a few loose ends to tie up with the potential sponsors for this year then we will have a formal announcement but wanted to get the dates out early enough everyone can make plans. Last year we had great turnout despite the weather and we look forward to this years being even bigger. If anyone has any questions feel free t contact Brian, Jeff or Myself and we'd be happy to help.

I will put in my vacay notice as well! Thanks for the heads up! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with this year! I'm still bummed about not making it last year!

I will put in my vacay notice as well! Thanks for the heads up! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with this year! I'm still bummed about not making it last year!

There will be some hazing activities planned for your absence last year!!!:lol:
Hope you guys make it and dont blow it up before you do !!!

Grider does suck but they are the only marina in that area of the lake that offers enough transient covered slips to make sure everyone can be accommodated. It will be the main marina but everyone is free to stay where ever they please.

Also, after doing much research of pricing and quality, Grider's fleet of houseboats is more modern and offer a better value than State Dock or Jamestown. And as with what Dave said being able to offer the option for our guests to "sleep aboard" and offer protection from mother nature with the use of a covered slip allows additional choices for our rallygoers. Keep in mind all slips have lockable storage, electricty and you can use grills slipside if a shore lunch is in order.

Well, I guess I will bring my boxing gloves with me to fight off all the slip pirates!!!

:lol:I heard about that last year. We are looking into a houseboat again this year. If the weather is good you can always tie off and party with us.

Not sure if I will still have my Checkmate, Im having a hard time thinking of life without it but we will be there either way... Hopefully we can get a break from the weather this year..

Even if you just come for the free food we will still accept you Rob !! :rof:

Well, I guess I will bring my boxing gloves with me to fight off all the slip pirates!!! Hopefully the weather won't be an issue this year and I can just anchor out in a cove to sleep!!

Brass knucks is how we roll down here. I can lend you a set, never leave home without em !!!:bigthumb:

We are in!!!

Satasha and I are in. I'll bring the ribs again.:drool:
beautiful-ribs-400x287.jpg

I do like Grider and it is extremely laid back and everyone I have met there has been very friendly. The management is quite disorganized and usually doesn't know what is where most days leaving room for "Slip Pirates" to go unnoticed until they assign you a full slip...haha...it did happen to Barry and I last fall. Prices are reasonable compared to the other marinas also and the restaurant albeit small does have some good southern cooking. I have no problem at all with that choice of location.

Reactions: jjg
Back