• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE WEEKEND CHESAPEAKE BASH 2014

Wow! Just wanted to say I had a blast even though I blew the bottom of my boat off! Yep as a lot of you know I peeled about a 3 foot by 4 foot section of the jell coat off the bottom of my boat. She still ran out, no leaks, but I did notice top end was a little slower.
Spence was doing the go pro flick after the bottom was gone. Didn't know it till we put it on the trailer to go home. What a shock!

The engine, also was idling a little ruff, Bruce and I cleaned the cap. It helped some. Put a new cap and coil on when I got home. Now the engine at least is running great.

Now I have some work cut out for me laying up glass. Was really bummed out for a while. I've had that damn boat for 30 plus years. She's 42 years old. So the old lady has done me well. Have had Jetmate longer than the wife lol.
Was thinking about selling her but that would be hard to do. At least without another boat lined up to take her place. I'm gonna think about my options long and hard before I make any rash decisions.

Still had a great time. If I can get some decent shots from under the trailer I will post them.

:irked: :thumb:

Bob say the word and I know a couple of us will come give you a hand pulling the motor and getting her flipped over for you. I know how much it hurt you to see that and we all felt real bad for you. Glad your thinking of fixing her and getting it going again.

Just thinking that maybe you ought to check the core in that boat if it came apart like that Bob. I'm no expert but it sounds like it delaminated and that often means the core is rotten. I know of a very good glass guy near the NC/VA border, when its time to get my boat done its probably going to get delivered to him. Let me know if you'd like his info.

John

Just thinking that maybe you ought to check the core in that boat if it came apart like that Bob. I'm no expert but it sounds like it delaminated and that often means the core is rotten. I know of a very good glass guy near the NC/VA border, when its time to get my boat done its probably going to get delivered to him. Let me know if you'd like his info.

John

Don't want to steal this thread started new one "Jetmate Delaminates".

ps I meant more pictures of everyone....... lol but thanks anyway!

I'm about a month late...but, great pictures and it was a blast. Stole some pictures for facebook, sorry not sorry!

Also got to run into Rob down here in the keys, and had to show him this picture. It sums up how I drive my boat and how we went balls to the wall up the bay and some people couldn't keep up! ;)

b3b19690-d8d8-461d-966d-72d84b0774a4_zps86b3df47.jpg

Back