• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

December 1st, Good Day for a Sea Trial...

SOX

:thumb:

Had the whole river to ourselves.

Peace,
Rob

Attachments

• l_checkmate253convincer-1996002.jpg
    l_checkmate253convincer-1996002.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 57
Change of plans. After talking with my boss about the state of our company and that of our union. I figured why not take another shot at it. We found a local credit union which pre approved us for a loan so we went for it. The price is too good to pass up. The boat is a little slow right now but with a little time I will take care of that. All that is left is to get the bank check over to the dealer and sign on the dotted line.

Peace,
Rob

BTW I kept it quiet that I was going to take another stab at it just incase the deal fell through (again) so I did not have to explain it (again) I am knew here and I know it is easy to look like a BS(er) so I decided to keep my mouth shut.

Thanks, I have to do some pilishing to bring back the deck but the rest of the boat is pretty tight.

BTW I kept it quiet that I was going to take another stab at it just incase the deal fell through (again) so I did not have to explain it (again) I am knew here and I know it is easy to look like a BS(er) so I decided to keep my mouth shut.
sometimes s#!t happens , i was ready to buy then surgery ,sold house,another surgery,economy dump,now i'm waitin to see what happens w/ lay offs after 1st of year . no reason to get into financial hole,but i'm just waitin, tryn to be patient !

Congrats on the Convincor......you will love that thing.....what are the details/#'s on that thing?

Reactions: SOX
THanks!!

'96 253 with a 454 Mag 297 hours. We had 3/4 tank of fuel and four guys (nearing #1000 total) and we ran 57mph @ 4400rpm. Not a speed demon (yet) but everything was tight. I cruised at 30mph @ 3000rpm and got 50mph @ 4000rpm not too bad. The gel is in real good shape but above the rub rail is faded some. It should be no problem bringing it back and it will never be faded again. Survey came in over $10,000 more than I am paying for it.

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 37
It's a done deal. Those that have followed along know it took a little work to make the deal but thanks to the grace of God, and his gift of determination we closed the deal tonight on our new to us '96 253 convincor. Let the upgrades begin!!!

Peace,
Rob

Attachments

• 12-03-09 003.jpg
    12-03-09 003.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 12-03-09 001.jpg
    12-03-09 001.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 34
  • 12-03-09 002.jpg
    12-03-09 002.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 35
noticed your post on oso i like the colors good luck, im in the northeast quit a bit with Mark , he has a 259 , i used to have a 97 , 253 , for now its a 240zt. i trailer quite a bit. its easy to handle . see you at anchor or the goose in 2010, jeff

Attachments

• T%20&%20F%20boat%20pic[1].jpg
    T%20&%20F%20boat%20pic[1].jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 20
  • bike 014.jpg
    bike 014.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 23
  • bike 005.jpg
    bike 005.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 21
noticed your post on oso i like the colors good luck, im in the northeast quit a bit with Mark , he has a 259 , i used to have a 97 , 253 , for now its a 240zt. i trailer quite a bit. its easy to handle . see you at anchor or the goose in 2010, jeff

Right on, I think I saw a photo of your boat on the "Hazzard Run"

Back