• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Does a BAJA mold make a good CHECKMATE

Using Former Baja Moulds To Build Checkmates Is...

• Is a good idea!

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Is a bad idea!

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
56848020-E81F-4D96-9884-FEF3CD31E7F1-1700-000001314E44E407_zpsc6f30da1.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm confused, what models are baja molds?
According to post #13 from Doug Smith there were no Baja molds being used by Checkmate.

I'm confused, what models are baja molds?
According to post #13 from Doug Smith there were no Baja molds being used by Checkmate.

I can't remember the time line, but he must have made that post before the Fountain financial collapse.

The ZT244 and ZT350 are absolutely from the Baja deck and hull molds. There are rumors that the hull of the new Convincor 260 is a Baja and that the deck is new.

HD

I dunno about the Rumors, but the write up in sportboat calls it a "Hybrid" of the 26 outlaw....
Wait a minute here...
Does that mean them thare darn Checkmate factorys are using electric motors in them thare boats?

anybody anybody all i hear is the crickets chirping.

HD listed 3 and there is a Zt275 and the 25' open fishing fishing boat which my dealer said is actually his best selling boat and he likes to keep one in stock at all times.i guess 5 old baja hulls and 1 apache hull so far. Rumor has it Doug has been seen lurking behind the Skater factory. Off Topic congrats to you and jetmate for the Ravens win Joe F's grandpa lives 5 doors down from my brother he is a great guy.

Hey, I don't mind being a Jack Ass, and I don't have to buy Doug out of his company to have an opinion. Doug does not have to listen to me either, I get that.

Anyone who wants to buy the new Checkmate look, more power to them. I just think the new look is the old Baja look, and not to my taste.

I'm sure a new Baja manufactured to Checkmate standards is a better boat then an old Baja, and that's what you get when you buy certain Checkmate hulls now, we all know that.

I'll buy the old style hulls as long as they are available or find something I like better.

i was not calling you a jack ass, i just meant that people who bash others boats are IMO a jackass. debates and opinions are great just when a member takes time to post pics and share his new Checkmate he should not have been bashed with a cartoon head when in all probability the poster never even went for a ride or crawled around that model of boat and then infered the quality was better in the past ..based on what?

i was not calling you a jack ass, i just meant that people who bash others boats are IMO a jackass. debates and opinions are great just when a member takes time to post pics and share his new Checkmate he should not have been bashed with a cartoon head when in all probability the poster never even went for a ride or crawled around that model of boat and then infered the quality was better in the past ..based on what?

Actually, JACKASS, I did a ton of looking before I bought my boat. I looked at a left over 2012 zt244 and a 2012 270 Convinsor. I crawled around evey inch of them. IMO, the 244 was just plain ugly and wasn't big enough for me. I didn't really car for the colors on the 270, but if the price was right, I could have lived with it. I then went into further detail by talking to members on here that I am very good friends with and their dealings with Doug and Checkmate. Including some friends from my home lake that dealt with him when he was with Baja. Needless to say, the majority weren't positive. I don't take the fact that I was ready to drop $70,000 on a boat lightly and just go in with a hard on and say "Yeah, give me that one, its shiny and loud". Thats a lot of money, so I did lots of reasearch for almost a year. So i decided my money would be better spent by not supporting a Doug owned Checkmate product. On the plus side, I got a smoking deal on my 253, so I didn't go anywhere near as far in debt and I used the extra money I saved to upgrade stuff I wanted to upgrade and build a new motor for it. So, again, JACKASS, in my opinion I am way better off for many reasons.

Secondly, JACKASS, last time I checked, this was an opinion thread on what we thought about the use of Baja molds in building Checkmates. This wasn't an introduction thread, where he was showing off his boat. I remember his intro thread where he posted pics, and since I didn't care for it, I didn't post in it. And what's it matter anyways what I think of his boat? He seems very happy with it, and I am very happy for him that he loves his boat!! But, again, JACKASS, or should I say DUMBASS, this is an opinion thread, so I gave it. I'm sorry my OPINION in this OPINION thread got you so butt hurt. I think to avoid this reaction from you in the future, you should avoid opinion threads, they don't seem to suit you.

cory it seems like you can dish it out but you cant take it. your post with the cartoon head was proof you are a jackass. i have never posted anything flaming any one ever on this site i have stood up for people i feel are bullied by jackass's like you. you are entitled to your opinion and in the future i wont read your posts im done with this .

cory it seems like you can dish it out but you cant take it. your post with the cartoon head was proof you are a jackass. i have never posted anything flaming any one ever on this site i have stood up for people i feel are bullied by jackass's like you. you are entitled to your opinion and in the future i wont read your posts im done with this .

I'm not bullying anybody. My picture said "Baja" on it, not "BrianH's zt244". It was directed at the lack of style Baja has, or should I say had, and now certain Checkmate models possess.

As far as dishing it and not taking it, I don't neccesarily think I "dished" anything out. I stated my opinion, and allowed you to call me names in 3 seperate posts and made assumptions about my level of education in forming my opinion, before posting a rebuttle. When someone that doesn't know me, or know anything about me, makes accusations about me and my charachter I am most certainly going to stand up for myself. I personally don't care if you think I am a "jackass", I mean oh no, someguy on the internet from god knows where that I will never meet in person, doesn't like me. But don't try to insult my intelligence.

To everyone else, I apologize if my cartoon pic of one Stewie Griffith offended you. In the future I will try to censor my post of my opinion in opinion threads to meet the views of the majority of the patrons of this site.

Corey , im sorry for the name calling but here is where i got a little pissed off . Brian posted a pic of his new Checkmate post #50 then in your post #51 the condensed version is "Beckmates are hideous" "atrocity new 260" " chevy cavalier with a gawdy body kit and a fart can" "Checkmate on the side of the boat actually meant something" . if your gonna layout those harsh comments you gotta be prepared to take it in return from those of us who spent the money on a new Checkmate. i truly have owned new Checkmates since 1995 and i dont see the problems im sure some examples of all the years exist. again maybe im suffering from cabin fever and lost my mind for a bit hopefully though you at least see my side of this .

Back