• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Even More CL Finds!

The attractively attired Persuader quickened my pulse this AM. Through haul exhaust to boot. Price seems feloniously low. I think I would look good in the Captains seat.

The attractively attired Persuader quickened my pulse this AM. Through haul exhaust to boot. Price seems feloniously low. I think I would look good in the Captains seat.

That is a seriously good deal and in my back yard! Seems like it should be missing a 1 in front of listing price though from what I've seen for prices lately. Heck, if the engine runs at all it is worth that alone.

Hi Fuel. I was thinking likewise on the asking price, seems like a 1 is missing. If it weren't so far away, I would have been there to look at this one already. I'm not crazy for the painted trailer but unless it has been recently repainted, it doesn't seem to show much rust.

Not just checkmates, but seems every boat listed for sale has a just been rebuilt, still breaking in, low hours, etc. Who can do a rebuilt engine for $3600 unless something didn't go well and time to dump it?

Jim, you read my mind! The vast majority of Sportfire IOs were built w- 4.3s. I always loved this model and wanted to put a hot rod 350 into one!

Cheers

CMF, after looking at it.....I think you are correct....an Exciter IO.:bigthumb:
Thx-

Now that I have my do-all tri-toon, I’ve been keeping an eye out for a mid-eighties V8 closed bow small toy like that

Reactions: SCT
Back