• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Has anyone considered a Lake Erie get-it?

alwaysredee

My schedule sucks for everything! I was wondering if anyone wanted to have a Checkmate "Hometown-hoedown" on Sandusky Bay or Lake Erie this year. Just pokin' 2 find out! I may be able to procure some areas to accomodate if there is enough interest.

I've talked to my gf about heading out on Erie this year.. I wanted to go last season, but the timing never worked out.

I'd be up for it.

It takes me about 90 minutes to swing around the corner and get to Sandusky Bay. I'm always up for the Sand Bay or out to kellys or some thing!

Lake Erie/Maumee bay area is a 2 minute launch from me. So my better half and I would be there for sure. We usually hang at Woodtick Island with a quite a few others.

Sandusky Bay......

I have a camper in Sandusky Bay......up there every weekend i can ! Hang out @ Sandbar a lot ....... 2 big bashes @ sandbar.... Barge parties last saturday in June & last saturday in July .....Great time hundred's of boats ! You can check it out on facebook ( Sandusky Bay Barge Party ). We did a poker run get together type deal through Checkmate for several years but nobody showed up 14 boats tops so we stopped having it last year i think. Anyway.....let me know anytime any of you are going to be around we can hook up. We do a river run couple times a summer also .....sandusky river pretty cool as well. Cedar Point, Kelly's Island, Put in Bay ........actually a great place to hang out ! Even if lake is ruff ....bay stays pretty decent, KC.

This starts right-here and right-now! If I have to lead into my campground; We got space for ten. The party will be what we make it, but if it's the right weeekend, we can do a 2 or 3 day-er. If I know far enough ahead, I can do 3-or-4! Depends on the weekend. What ya got? Talk 2 me. If I need it to get bigger, I'll secure more stuff. Accomodatyion reqiurements; Nightlife; etc........

I'm starting a new job next week and I have a three day weekend every other weekend, which is nice, but my weekends don't start untill saturday morning at 7am when I get off of a 12hr shift.. I don't have to be back into work untill tuesday night at 7pm- if I'm looking at the sched right.

I think that I could make a Saturday event and be able to hang untill tuesday... I'll see how this job sched works out and let you guys know.

I'm starting a new job next week and I have a three day weekend every other weekend, which is nice, but my weekends don't start untill saturday morning at 7am when I get off of a 12hr shift.. I don't have to be back into work untill tuesday night at 7pm- if I'm looking at the sched right.

I think that I could make a Saturday event and be able to hang untill tuesday... I'll see how this job sched works out and let you guys know.

Im in the same boat there . I work tuesday through friday but I dont get out till some time early saturday morning . On most im usually out no later than 2:30 am but there are those nights that we are there well over 14hrs

How about a Saturday afternoon arrival to the area. Maybe a Sat. afternoon get-wet and an early afternoon trip to Kelley's in a group. Those whom can handle Sunday night can hang somewhere nearby and those who gotta bail can too. Just kickin' something around, fellas. Sunday's are "dog days" @ Kelley's winery, and I take my 2 everytime I go out(unless we're gonna get a little nuts-which happens). I don't want to make anything more difficult than it has to be for anyone. Just kickin' an idea or 2.

Might be able to pull something off . We will see . Could probably swing down for the day than head back . Really all depends how long I get stuck at work ....

This all sounds good. I had a blast the last time I was on Lake Erie. O nly problem was, my boat was to small and I had to ride with other people. I am going to try to remedy that problem real soon and get me a bigger boat. If I succeed, count me in!

I'm small too. Obviously, we're subject to the conditions. A trip to Kelley's can be a little rough sometimes, but is managable if I come out of the Bay. If we get out towards the Port Clinton and Catawba areas there is a lot more weekend trafiic, making for rougher boating. For letting the horses out, I usually do more of that inside Sandusky Bay. The main bay can be a little bumpy when the wind is up, but the inner bay is usually much calmer and "flight-worthy." Once again, I'm just trying to kick around the idea. June is windy here; July is busy here; August is hot here; September is back to work and school for most.

I'm gonna guess that there isn't enough interest in this, so I will let this idea die. Hope everyone has a safe and fun boating season! :lol: If anyone does go to the area, give me a shout-out and if the timing is right, I'll rock the Check-er and raise a little!!:banana:

im interested but timing is everything. i work alot of weekends,but its a 4 on/ 4 off consecutive schedule... so it just depends on day,my cuz is in sandusky,on the water alot sweet ol' lyman !

Back