• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

HELP, Need Max Speed by Tomorrow

HEY BBB, THE LAST TIME I SAW A LOG IN THE WATER IN FLORIDA WAS WHEN MY OLDER BROTHER HAD TO TAKE A !@#$ AND THERE WAS NO HEAD IN SIGHT!!!LOL
icon_confused.gif
I WAS RUNNING A 21' SLEEKCRAFT TUNNEL WITH AN EVENRUDE 225 AT THE TIME. THE BOAT WAS ALL SHOW AND NO GO!! THE COLORS AND GELCOAT WORK WERE PHENOMINAL; I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THAT BOAT BACK WITH A MERC 300X ON THE BACK. IT WOULD'VE MADE A GREAT PACKAGE.

RAN MY PULARE WITH THE 225 EFI 3.0 YESTERDAY. THE BOAT BECOMES QUITE A HANDFUL APPROACHING 70MPH. I START TO CHINE WALK BADLY. STILL TRYING TO FIND THE SWEET SPOT BETWEEN THE TRIM AND THE JACK PLATE. I BELIEVE I HAVE TOO MUCH PROP ON THE BOAT. THE PROP HAS BEEN REWORKED YEARS AGO AND THE PITCH/DIAMETER #'S HAVE BEEN REMOVED SO I'M NOT SURE WHAT IT IS. I STILL HAD A LOT OF FOOT LEFT IN THE THROTTLE BETWEEN 65-70MPH BUT I DID NOT WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE ON DRIVING THROUGH THE CHINE WALK WITH MY GIRLFRIEND AND HER DAUGHTER ON BOARD. SAFETY FIRST!! ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING??
icon_confused.gif

JP, i hade a starflite first and it was a better ride @ 70 mph than the pulsare i also finde the chine verry bad @ the pulsare, whe have to learn too get her out of the chine
thumb.gif

J-Pulsare,

After i rigged my old Pulsare w/ a Merc 300 PM and Tempest+, I had the same chine walk problems. I first checked the bottom and it was true. Then I rechecked the hydraulic steering. It seemed tight w/ little play. But I re-bled the system and was able to get a ton of air out of the lines. Next, I got rid of the Tempest+ (to much cup) and tried a Merc ET. I also raised the motor to about 1/2-3/4" below the pad (the 300 had a LW pickup). After all that the boat ran beautiful at 70 or mid 80s.....

SCT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCT:
J-Pulsare,

After i rigged my old Pulsare w/ a Merc 300 PM and Tempest+, I had the same chine walk problems. I first checked the bottom and it was true. Then I rechecked the hydraulic steering. It seemed tight w/ little play. But I re-bled the system and was able to get a ton of air out of the lines. Next, I got rid of the Tempest+ (to much cup) and tried a Merc ET. I also raised the motor to about 1/2-3/4" below the pad (the 300 had a LW pickup). After all that the boat ran beautiful at 70 or mid 80s.....

SCT <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buuba: I have the same hyd. steering system as you. Did the bolt break? Or loosen up and back out?

Back