• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

HOW FAST IS YOUR CHECKMATE? EVERYONE!

slow but fast enough

thats how we build them, as long as they are safe. because us fools might never break out when we leave the dock, & have too much fun, too much smile, or were out of gas.:rof:

never enough

how would you like to live 5 minutes between the ches bay & atlantic ocean? that counts launching too. i cant decide which side to launch 1 of these smilemakers, because the ocean dont freeze, speed boats are drugs, & were fools. look at this one. does he look like einstein/mercury genious, or a drunken fool?:lol:

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
boatless winter?

never experienced one:p this is a stupid old pic, but an awesome memory. 32 degrees is like i was holding the trim button. another degree below freezing brings out the fool in us. id rather die here than go home...

Attachments

• endless rooster.jpg
    endless rooster.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 31
Thanks to all for info on alt kit for my old merc. As far as how fast I saw a crappy post on lies on speed. My GPS don't lie. And at 68 mph @ $2700 bucks in boat motor trailer and boomer stereo aint too bad . Do I get passed by fast bass boats , yep. Don't care. My Mate looks alot better than theirs and my boat is 31 years old. To all fellow Maters come to Lake Sante Fe we will have fun. 6,000 acres worth. Would love to see your boats.

Bruce 1979 Enchanter
Crappy post? and how long have you been here that you can knock people???

Thanks to all for info on alt kit for my old merc. As far as how fast I saw a crappy post on lies on speed. My GPS don't lie. And at 68 mph @ $2700 bucks in boat motor trailer and boomer stereo aint too bad . Do I get passed by fast bass boats , yep. Don't care. My Mate looks alot better than theirs and my boat is 31 years old. To all fellow Maters come to Lake Sante Fe we will have fun. 6,000 acres worth. Would love to see your boats.

Bruce 1979 Enchanter

Who said on this thread that you lied about your speed??:eyecrazy:

people stretch the truth anyhow. does anyone whether its here or any other forum really tell the truth about thier speed?

Checkthis,
Not jumping to anyone's defense but I think he was talking about this post that states we are all liars.:poke:.

people stretch the truth anyhow. does anyone whether its here or any other forum really tell the truth about thier speed?[/QUOTE

Checkthis,
Not jumping to anyone's defense but I think he was talking about this post that states we are all liars.:poke:.
Sorry
To tell you the truth I NEVER lie about speed it is not that important weather my checmate that will run 85 all day long as opposed to 90.6843921 With 1.39674302 gallons of fuel -- no back seat -- no snap in carpet -- now bow cushions. -- Nobody here is racing a boat under factory recomendations for HP which most of us fall under!! Give me a break;)
As I have said -- Wanna go realy fast -- Buy a go fast boat!!:bigthumb:
And I have never seen a sight with all the bloviating about speed but no one who actually posts it!!!
Show me!!! AS they say in Mizzzzorrriii;)

New Here. Got a 1990 Maxxum 229 454/Bravo1 Ended the season @70.0 gps testing my new prop. Mirage 25 by Gibbs. Likes chop. I see another 1-2 mph coming with dialing in the trim tabs.

I'm just glad that someone finally called you out on your crappy posts...:rolleyes:

You going to go to the Cumberland deal this summer?
I dont know, havent thought that far ahead, ill check to see if the woman wants to go, dont really want to go by myself.

maybe 75 right chop

by myself in sm1, i cant turn 6k. im right at 1 mph/1000rpm. at 5k im running 50. in a little chop i can turn 6300 by myself. thats it, or my boat scares the crap out of me. if i put 3 or 4 head in the back, all i have to do is lean back, push the foot to the floor, hold the trim button in 1 hand, my open mixed drink cup in the other, and i could fall asleep at the wheel in a 1 foot chop looking at 7600 rpm, and never spill a drop besides what blow out the corners of my eyes. speed dont matter, like safety does, and if you folks think the captain is a fool, your right. im a damned fool. i just aint a stupid fkn fool. i did all that drunk. my next rig is just like terzians 18 that im blowed away to have onelike it. i wont drive drunk, but ill have a drink for sure, to help calm the adrenalin overdose,after i whip somemore 30 & 40k$ boats with a 3k setup. super dave ispresident, & the captain might sober up.:cheers:

Attachments

• smilemaker1 ,2 and wannabeeees.jpg
    smilemaker1 ,2 and wannabeeees.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 67
illmattic- I can't say enough HOW much I LOVE that pic of yours! It's so kewl with the shore line seemingly right next to you running at speed and the water DEAD still/ calm........LOVE IT!!!

1981 Eluder, 200 Merc, 27" Prop

Post asked for speed...

Flat water, 2 people, 13 gal of gas (half a tank), 75 mph by GPS. Any higher is kind of scary. Little or no wake, just a hint of smoke on top of the water. Boat is rock solid, but I cannot figure out if any of it is actually in the water any more. Scares the heck out of the jet skiers. Wife smiled.

You do not want to know what it feels like to take a dragon fly in the forehead at that speed. Thank God for wrap around sunglasses.

You do not want to know what it feels like to take a dragon fly in the forehead at that speed. Thank God for wrap around sunglasses.

When I first started dating my wife she took a sea gull in the head at 80mph, I thought is was over right there, but she didn't get mad, after all it was dark out. now windshields are a must have.

Post asked for speed...

Flat water, 2 people, 13 gal of gas (half a tank), 75 mph by GPS. Any higher is kind of scary. Little or no wake, just a hint of smoke on top of the water. Boat is rock solid, but I cannot figure out if any of it is actually in the water any more. Scares the heck out of the jet skiers. Wife smiled.

how much set back?

When I first started dating my wife she took a sea gull in the head at 80mph, I thought is was over right there, but she didn't get mad, after all it was dark out. now windshields are a must have.

Glad she was not hurt. Windshield did not help. It came over the top. I picked it up as it came over the bow. Never had time to duck.

Glad she was not hurt. Windshield did not help. It came over the top. I picked it up as it came over the bow. Never had time to duck.

I used to wear snowboarding goggles in that boat, looked funny but it worked.

How much setback are you running? I also have an eluder and am curious.

Back