• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

HOW FAST IS YOUR CHECKMATE? EVERYONE!

i aint got hit a log to tear up a gearcase. blackout forced me to forget put oil in it. need lefthand 20 so i can use my right hand to hold something other than my drink:Dim eating lobster tails that were dead but still walking, just cause i get that discount, when i blow somebodies cheeks, not mind, into that eternal smile. you know, the fun makes your mouth bite your ear, fools...

Attachments

• twin hand grenades.jpg
    twin hand grenades.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 50
Sam I Am, have your buddy get in the back seat! The weight of the gas was in the rear of the boat. The extra weight will slow you a little and moving that weight forward will slow you a bit more! boatman

my checkmate was slow

dragged in by the coast guard, torn apart, because i was the only one out there left to help them pass time. an innocent afterwork ride lasted 10 minutes before a no reason boarding. idoling in the inlet, in my classic checkmate, nobody else to check, caused 5 hours of stress for my friend & i, while we tried to ease the stress of a hard day with a boat ride. thats the appreciation i get for helping others survive this heat wave. thats the overwhealming authority of the united states coast guard, who did their job very well. yet through the frustration of 5 hours of inconvenience, it proves that speed boats draw attention, even if your sitting still alone in the ocean:offtopic:no boarding next one, , now that im targeted. im going fly till i find some police to keep from being a training obstacle for the young cg recruits, especially in a world of water ive spent my life learning. stay away from chincoteague island va, unless your a tourist. god bless the chesapeake bay

dragged in by the coast guard, torn apart, because i was the only one out there left to help them pass time. an innocent afterwork ride lasted 10 minutes before a no reason boarding. idoling in the inlet, in my classic checkmate, nobody else to check, caused 5 hours of stress for my friend & i, while we tried to ease the stress of a hard day with a boat ride. thats the appreciation i get for helping others survive this heat wave. thats the overwhealming authority of the united states coast guard, who did their job very well. yet through the frustration of 5 hours of inconvenience, it proves that speed boats draw attention, even if your sitting still alone in the ocean:offtopic:no boarding next one, , now that im targeted. im going fly till i find some police to keep from being a training obstacle for the young cg recruits, especially in a world of water ive spent my life learning. stay away from chincoteague island va, unless your a tourist. god bless the chesapeake bay

Oh crap, I just understood every word the captain just said:lol:

1984 Convincor

I redid my 454ci,370 hp,to a 496ci,524dyno hp at 5200rpm,with 594 lbs of torque at 4200 rpm!! The engine has a Valasco Steel 4.250 crank,with Lunati Pro Mod Rods,SRP 60 over Forged Pistons,Steel GM heads ported,with the bigger 2.25 Valves,502,500 hp Crane Cam with Hydraulic Roller Lifters,Gold Crane Roller Rockers,Merlin Single Plane Intake Manifold,with a Pro-Form 830cfm Carb!!! So far I have gotten by speedo 72mph turning a 27 Bravo Plus prop at 5000 rpm,but that was with a full load of gas and high heat and humidity!!! I am still trying to tune this rig in but so far its running better then I expected!!! I also redid the upholstery like the original pleated,it came with and new carpets!!!

'88 Convincor-454-Merlin heads-Comp 280AH cam-Cutler EFI-Spinelli 25p prop-Gil exhaust, 66.3 GPS-BUT-- 73mph on the speedo(damn)

Just wondering I have a 24' Enforcer with 200Black Max Motor 1983 matching. SS prop *Not sure of anything else* I have trim tabs. What can i expect to get out of it on a good day.

Just wondering I have a 24' Enforcer with 200Black Max Motor 1983 matching. SS prop *Not sure of anything else* I have trim tabs. What can i expect to get out of it on a good day.
Probably 50-55 mph. I'm running a evinrude 250 and seeing 65gps on my enforcer. You should post some pictures of your Enforcer.

'76 V-mate I with 115 Johnson with stock 13X19 prop 48 on GPS loaded with 3 people all over 200 pounds....Not impressive but its an old beat up boat and an old worn out 1974 motor. Have run 54 with me alone but its a scary ride.

All You stern driver's developing big horspower to do what a 3 liter Merc Outboard does naturally go fast! 2000 2100 Pulsare. 225 Optimax, 6" CMC manual setback, 25 inch Merc Tempest prop, medium vent holes, 72.7 GPS @ 5400 rpm, ran out of lake
AND Motor is STOCK. Possible next steps. Simon Motorsports recalibrated ECU and lightened flywheel, then I can move up in pitch on prop.

All You stern driver's developing big horspower to do what a 3 liter Merc Outboard does naturally go fast! 2000 2100 Pulsare. 225 Optimax, 6" CMC manual setback, 25 inch Merc Tempest prop, medium vent holes, 72.7 GPS @ 5400 rpm, ran out of lake
AND Motor is STOCK. Possible next steps. Simon Motorsports recalibrated ECU and lightened flywheel, then I can move up in pitch on prop.
Can you do it in 4' chop?

Then after the 4' chop. Go in the cabin take a leak in the bathroom ,get a cold one from the fridge and then go back up and lay out on the padded motor hatch!!. but If I chose to run around in a lake I would just jump on my waverunner and run 75mph.

And I bet my motorcylce can beat your car and its STOCK:rof:Not really Apples to Apples is it!

Last edited:
Then after the 4' chop. Go in the cabin take a leak in the bathroom ,get a cold one from the fridge and then go back up and lay out on the padded motor hatch!!. but If I chose to run around in a lake I would just jump on my waverunner and run 75mph.

And I bet my motorcylce can beat your car and its STOCK:rof:Not really Apples to Apples is it!

Ditto!

I'm just wondering how much difference others are seeing in Hot Humid conditons verses cool conditions. On a 95 degree day I may see upper 60's GPS, But on a cool day/night say 60 degrees, I'll see 70-72mph on GPS. Usually about a 5 mph difference!

Seems likely. I have no idea about true speed as I have never checked anything but the ole speedometer, but the high temp and humidity seems to affect the RPM I am able to turn.

On a nice cooler day my 253 will turn my 24P B1 at 5000 rpm. On a hot humid day I may only see 4600.

trimate II. 115 TOP, cmc hydraulic trim unit (6 inch setback and 3.25" transom lift-prop about 5" below) will run 48-50 (approximate) with 2 people ~7 gallons of gas. GOODNESS WHAT A DIFFERENCE THE SETBACK AND TRANSOM LIFT AND TRIM MAKE! gained around 6-7 mph just from the addition of the trim unit.

Back