• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

How to tell when it's time to put the Check away

I remember those days
We would get a freeze warning and I would drop the boat down to the water line and put a shop light in the engine compartment
I sure miss being on the water
But I don't miss having to put my boat in storage anymore:surf:

I am thinking the same thing as SCT. All of that cool dense air is going to be good for HP. The water is still soft, you're still OK.

Supposed to be low 70's here on Saturday.
Gonna take it out for the last run before wrapping it up.
Crappy summer. haven't been out in months.
Gonna put a charge on the batteries first. Don't want a beatdown from the friends.
Anybody else gonna be on the delaware?

Gee.... Thanks for that picture..... :mad:

Where's my grandson so I can make him cry....

Oh no ... that was not my intention with that picture! Sorry for any offense. I'm just trying to squeeze every last moment out of this season and thought it was kinda funny that I got caught by Mother Nature. Maybe she has it in for me because I run a 2-stroke.

i remember running a j-craft on december 15th - you've got lots of boating left!

That's what I was thinking ... I don't remember Lake of Bays ever freezing up before Christmas. Sometimes it's not frozen over until 2nd week in January.

Wow ForbesZ. You are a die hard. Time to put that beauty away and switch to the beater boat me thinks.

Back