• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Interesting Pulsare.......

SCT

I saw this very modded 1994 Pulsare over on S&F. It's different but I like it. The exterior paint is very cool. Not sure if the owner did the work himself or not. He is from Sarasota, FL. He claims a speed of 92.6 with a ProMax 300......which seems very optimistic if the motor is stock.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 158
if i remember right he did do most of the work himself:thumb: i think it was for sale on S&F awile back.....i kinda like it myself:D

Looks nice, but the front seats would be hard to get in and out of.

VERY interesting SCT! Remember, boats are faster on that buoyant salt water :thumb:

I saw this very modded 1994 Pulsare over on S&F. It's different but I like it. The exterior paint is very cool. Not sure if the owner did the work himself or not. He is from Sarasota, FL. He claims a speed of 92.6 with a ProMax 300......which seems very optimistic if the motor is stock.

A stock 480lb ProMax spinning close to 7K and set up properly, I would think very possible..

Bman, I'm not an expert on this stuff but no stock ProMax 300/ Pulsare is going to run 92.6 mph on the gps in salt water, fresh water, or even pickle juice. From everything I've ever read and what I saw when I owned one, the engine only put out around 290 hp. Heck, I only know of one Pulsare 300X truly running that speed. Plus, the PM300 only turned 6100 rpm compared to the 6800 X motors.
Still a very nice boat though!

Bman, I'm not an expert on this stuff but no stock ProMax 300/ Pulsare is going to run 92.6 mph on the gps in salt water, fresh water, or even pickle juice. From everything I've ever read and what I saw when I owned one, the engine only put out around 290 hp. Heck, I only know of one Pulsare 300X truly running that speed. Plus, the PM300 only turned 6100 rpm compared to the 6800 X motors.
Still a very nice boat though!

You're right, and I'm certainly no expert either. Big difference not being an X. Sorry I missed that in your description.

Now that I think of it, Randy had the boat that he who must not be named owned with the X on it.

Seem to remember him saying his XS's being faster, can't really remember for sure though.
Thanks again for sharing the pictures SCT!! :cheers:

Do you think the lever on the console is a shifter and then some type of foot throttle is on the floor? From the pix, it also looks like the floor level was dropped. The guy did a good job on the resto!

The guy did the work himself. There is no cabin/playpen or floor in the bow section of the boat. I would bet that the boat is at least 200+ pounds lighter in the nose than a normal Pulsare which would equate to higher top end speed numbers!:thumb:

Man, that thing is sharp. A little impractical for family use, but would be a bad ass river runner!!!

Corey, for a owner "modded" boat it looks like it turned out awesome! I would like to see it in person. I love the trailer, too.

I see he is running a 4 blade ET chopper....nice. Also, did you see the plate underneath the jackplate?

It is pretty sharp however, I would hate to see that console after a couple years with all that filler cracking.

so whats the purpose of the plate under the jack plate? does it just make the pad that much bigger? i now have some great ideas for my trailer......good thing it's inside and 60* where its at:banana:

so whats the purpose of the plate under the jack plate? does it just make the pad that much bigger? i now have some great ideas for my trailer......good thing it's inside and 60* where its at:banana:

Its called a holeshot plate. It makes for less drag. It helps the water clear the jack plate instead of building up and producing drag.

Sharp boat, I really like that trailer, it would make washing and waxing the boat so much easier.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the interest in my boat. Just some back ground information, I have been a boat builder for a living since 1995 and in 2000 I started my own custom rigging company. My fater aquired the boat in 1996 the boat sat in a covered lift or a heated garage it's entire life till I got the boat down to florida in 2003. We ran the hell out of it until it started slowing down and driving different. Thats when we started the full tear down in 2005, much to my disappointment, the floor, transom, stringers, and bulkheads were all rotten due to not being completely covered in glass. LOL I guess my boat was built on friday! We then decided to put it back together makeing a few changes and taking alot of weight out of the boat. The boat doesn't have the playpen. When it was said and done we took out 850lbs of rotten crap and replaced it with 310lbs of fresh material. We ran the boat for another year and a half when we decided to finish what we started by painting, interior, ect. NO BONDO HEAR ALL IN GLASS!!!!! There's alot of suttle changes to the dash ect. that you wont notice till you see it in person. As far as the speed is concerned, the boat will run 88-90 all day long. The best it's ever run was 94.6 at river ranch in fresh water. I try not to run the boat in salt water. It has been in it maybe 5 times. My wife is a little OCD so we have to make it perfectly clean when we come back so I don't like taking it out there. The motor is stock other than removing the vaccum fuel pump and running and electric in the boat to the VST. Set up, set up, set up!!!!! Not to mention the 3/8 hook in the pad has been removed. As far as price, I don't need to sell it, but try to replace it anywhere near what I am asking at $25,000, with a spare powerhead. Thanks any other questions fire away. Jeff

Back