• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Is there a wiring diagram for these boats?

wired

Mine was gutted and I don't know where any of the wires from the throttle control thingy go. Is there a wiring diagram somewhere for checkmate boats?

I suppose I should have been more clear. Most of my wiring is gone. As in not there at all. Colors arent going to help me much. The above control panel throttle whatever you call it was very useful. I still cant figure out the trim gauge though. Ive got the motor going up and down and starting . Is there a wiring diagram that doesnt involve referencing the factory colors so I can see the path?

I'm too tired to mess with it right now, but I've got an OMC factory service manual for an '81 Johnson 90. Tomorrow when I get a chance I can scan the electrical drawings from that for you.

Also, do you have any way of reading either DXF or Autocad files? If so I can send you the wiring diagram I made when I rebuilt my Eluder.

(You ought to look around for an OMC factory service manual for your engine, worth it's weight in gold.)

Oh yeah, I can read autocad files if youve got some. please send them to shrkattk@gmail.com.

Looks like I'll have to pick up a trim sensor too. Mine seems to be completely burnt with no resistance. If this boat werent free I'd be pissed.

I'm too tired to mess with it right now, but I've got an OMC factory service manual for an '81 Johnson 90. Tomorrow when I get a chance I can scan the electrical drawings from that for you.

Also, do you have any way of reading either DXF or Autocad files? If so I can send you the wiring diagram I made when I rebuilt my Eluder.

(You ought to look around for an OMC factory service manual for your engine, worth it's weight in gold.)

Yeah, those trim senders go out alot. Unfortunately somebody's very very proud of them 'cause they cost way too much.

I've emailed you scans of the service manual electrical diagrams as well as the autocad wiring diagram I made for my Eluder rebuild. (I hope gmail can handle some large attachments.)

Yeah, those trim senders go out alot. Unfortunately somebody's very very proud of them 'cause they cost way too much.

I've emailed you scans of the service manual electrical diagrams as well as the autocad wiring diagram I made for my Eluder rebuild. (I hope gmail can handle some large attachments.)

Thanks , They came through fine. Cheapest I could find that sender was $70. Ouch.

Sounds like you got what you need??

I called checkmate about wiring diagrams for our boats. They have noting other than a color chart that wizard8575 posted. When I did the playmate, I went off that chart and my merc book and put it all together. AMAZINGLY enough, it all worked!!! LOL

Back