• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Is this hull a checkmate playmate?

Whatsalad

Just purchased this boat yesterday in Northern California, and the hull has no Identification tag on the stern hull, is this a checkmate, Thank you for helping me Identify this hull , and if im in the wrong forum (sorry) newbee.....
Dave.

Attachments

• check0.jpg
    check0.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 73
  • check1.jpg
    check1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 72
  • check2.jpg
    check2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 67
I’m going to say ‘No’ unless someone drastically modified a 11’ CM Playmate. I’m guessing it’s a GW Invader.

Reactions: JW
I've only answered this question at least twice on facebook.
The answer is maybe, there should be a hull identification number on one of the rear corners of the hull. If it starts with CHK then it is a Playmate.

I've only answered this question at least twice on facebook.
The answer is maybe, there should be a hull identification number on one of the rear corners of the hull. If it starts with CHK then it is a Playmate.
I found markings on the stern rubrail ,
CONAK 031H485?
The stamp should be right in the hull itself right near the rubrail.

I found markings on the stern rubrail ,
CONAK 031H485?
If those markings are correct, here is your builder.

J & M BOATWORKS OF NC​

MIC:CON Status:
Company:J & M BOATWORKS OF NC Company Official:CONNETTI, JERILYN
Parent Company:CONNETTI CONSULTING INC Parent MIC:
Previous Company 1:HYUNDAI CORP (OOB)
Previous Company 2:
Previous Company 3:
Previous Company 4:
Address:19100 W. CATAWBA AVENUE City:CORNELIUS
State:NC Zip:280315601
Fax:7048960457 In Business:11/19/2007
Out of Business:7/7/2011 Date Modified:7/8/2011
Type:Pontoon Boats

Addtional Address:EMAIL: THEBOATSHOW@BELLSOUTH.NET

Lol.....that address is a few miles from my house here in LKN. It’s an old time boat yard.....didn’t Know they built boats at one time.

Odd that it says they were in business from 07-11 and the boats a 85. Unless someone tried to bring back a old company.

I saw it was open from 1082 to 1990, then opened back up 2008-2011? Still trying to find another hull like mine? Probably never will.

Back