• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Just a Few Pics From Lake Norris

It is a long ride thou, I made down in 7.5 hrs (477 miles) with only a stop for fuel. On the way back a had a wheel throwing grease so I stopped every 50 miles to check for heat and on the 100 marks I pumped full with grease so it was a 9 hr ride home but made it all in one piece. :cheers:

Awesome pics! Looks like a good time was had by all:cheers:

Sucks about the bearing, but at least you made it back in one piece. Any idea what the cause was?

I just had them repacked last yr. Still the same 15 yr old bearings and seal. The bearing showed typical pitting/checking/staining/looseness. I just need to keep an eye on the other three. I don't travel without a floor jack, bucket of heavy tools, hub and grease gun.

I just had them repacked last yr. Still the same 15 yr old bearings and seal. The bearing showed typical pitting/checking/staining/looseness. I just need to keep an eye on the other three. I don't travel without a floor jack, bucket of heavy tools, hub and grease gun.

At least you know what to do when you head to Chesapeake in 2 weeks. :poke::sssh::bigthumb:

I'll be calling this place home for 5 nights on that weekend!
ERChannel2-1905_zpsvxxftdgk.jpg
Elk Rapids

The village of Elk Rapids is one of the most charming of all the many harbor towns in Northwest Lower Michigan. Located just north of Traverse City on East Grand Traverse Bay, Elk Rapids, with its modern marina, offers a welcome refuge for boaters on the waters of Grand Traverse Bay and Lake Michigan.

Last edited:
13312706_10201959709749694_1140622001031778842_n.jpg

13319756_10201959709389685_5649598058439327178_n.jpg

Only got a couple pics, I'll check the wifes phone for more.

Back