• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

KIP, DeckMate molds?

Hey Kip, do you have an idea of how many of these actually sold? Just curious, I am trying to find something like that.

If I sold my lake house, I'd be buying either the 23' or 26' Hurricane deck boat with the 250 or 300 Yamaha HPDI motor. I'd REALLY rather buy a C'Mate Deck boat with an OB though!

JW.... (&Kip)...I so WISH Checkmate would build a deckboat! I am at that point that I needed space, big space! That's why I turned to brand "X" and went to a 26' Cat deck boat and an outboard (New Evinrude 225HO). I has all the cool features I needed in a slick looking package and one of the few with outboard power. Shallow draft, stable, room for 18, potty, sink, top, etc. New motor should push it well into the 50's and still be economical at crusing speeds...
sorry, no twins on this one
devil.gif

Just would rather spend my money on a CHECKMATE than a brand X...
brickwall.gif

Kip... Think PERFORMANCE deck boat??? West coast can't build them fast enough for the demand! Just something to think about... Jim

I wonder how much a company spends on Design and Development for a new line. And how many boats they must sell to break even.
I could imagine Checkmate re-designing that old deckmate to be a real sleeper and a much better looking boat.....but would the market support it?

It would be cool to see an old DeckMate get refurbished w- a modern interior and power plant! The design was before it’s time by CM.

Reactions: JW
Maybe an old age thing but I don’t recall even seeing a picture of one, now I’m curious.

Reactions: SCT
Hey. I'm going to dig this thread back up.

The hull was nice. The deck was ugly. Each of you needs to subscribe to my YouTube channel.

I'm serious. Something big is coming.

So subscribe now.

Attachments

• 20220612_234912.jpg
    20220612_234912.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 25
  • received_585110849573524.jpeg
    received_585110849573524.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 25
Back