• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Midwesterners, check in!

This is a good idea, the Mississippi River would be an awesome location. I think this would be great.

Jason

I could probably swing the Mississippi. Where's a good place to meet up? I'm originally from near St Louis and I've heard of people getting together near the Alton Pool, I believe. Is there much debris in the water on the river? A run down the river would be pretty cool. :banana:

I am game for anything. I know that south of the Quad Cities, (Davenport, Bettendorf, Iowa, Moline and Rock Island, Illinois has an area that has about 14 or 15 Checkmates that hang out.) I can try to contact them and get something set up. I am willing to go anywhere.

Feel free to call.

217-299-8012

Jason Roeder

Mississippi is great, we have a get together every year. put in in Dubuque, Ia. (and Hawkeye is there, Checkmate dealer) then we go up North about 20 miles great run once you get through the locks. we then camp on the beaches up there.

check out www.fullmooninjune.info for some photos of the beach, the party and so on.

i know this thread is old but thought i post.. im not sure where us illinois boys fit in but i would call it midwest. Im just east of st. louis. I actually work in alton next to the missisippi river. It would be awsome to get a meet together somewhere on the mississippi this year...:cheers:

Mid west Mates

:banana:Wow, it appears there hasn't been any action on this forum since 2007. LETS GET SUMPIM STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in Council Bluffs Iowa. We have Lake Manawa, Carter Lake and Missouri River.
I would like to have say a big picnic and some boating fun for all. I'm open for suggestions and locations and when we can do this.
Let me know and if there are enough interested, we cold do this . Even if there are a few to get started and do it every year at a specific location.
Contact me on here, meantrump2 or at meantrump2@gmail.com
Ric:bounce:

Flat landers unite! haha...

Seriously, I'm always down for a Mississippi run... I'm around the Alton pool area.

Flat landers unite! haha...

Seriously, I'm always down for a Mississippi run... I'm around the Alton pool area.

Lookin forware to spring Hueby, now if that danged ole Mississippi will cooperate before the end of July.:eyecrazy:

I've been digging around in the forums for a number of months now and never looked in here before to see that I need to sound off as a Mate owner in Omaha, NE. I actually own the boat that meantrump, who posted a few lines above, used to own. I guess he got too discouraged and decided to sell it once no one replied to him when he said he wanted to have a Checkmate owners picnic!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

I've been digging around in the forums for a number of months now and never looked in here before to see that I need to sound off as a Mate owner in Omaha, NE. I actually own the boat that meantrump, who posted a few lines above, used to own. I guess he got too discouraged and decided to sell it once no one replied to him when he said he wanted to have a Checkmate owners picnic!!!

I see in the original post in 2007 he was on Lewis & Clark Lake in SD. Thats my home town but I dont use the lake much. We drop on the other side of the dam and run the Missouri River. I saw a 2100 BR at Decator once when we boated from my home town to Omaha and stayed over night wasnt you by chance?

Thats funny, must have had his feeling hurt, I'm in your home town right now, should have brought a snowmobile with me, you guy's have more snow than anywhere I've seen this winter.

I see in the original post in 2007 he was on Lewis & Clark Lake in SD. Thats my home town but I dont use the lake much. We drop on the other side of the dam and run the Missouri River. I saw a 2100 BR at Decator once when we boated from my home town to Omaha and stayed over night wasnt you by chance?

Nope, if you'd have seen me in a 2100 BR that would mean my boat had one serious facelift and had gotten on steroids

Thats funny, must have had his feeling hurt, I'm in your home town right now, should have brought a snowmobile with me, you guy's have more snow than anywhere I've seen this winter.

Funny thing about this snow we have now...we didn't get it until a week ago tonight. That woulda been awsome if you would have brought your snowmachine! I'd a totally met up with you for that, I haven't been snowmachining since I moved here from Alaska and had to leave my Artic Cat behind. I couldn't get it to fit in the overhead compartment. :(

A little slow

Funny thing is that I never realized there was a midwest thread until today. I guess I'm a little slow.
I'm at Kinkaid lake in southern illinois most weekends,
Kaskaskia river some weekends, and table rock a few times a year.
I got a green 259convincer hope to see some of you guys around!!

New to Checkmate just bought a pulsare 2400 BRX in October and we are loving it, have had it out already 4 times this year. We live in St Louis and boat at Lake of the Ozarks on the quiet end 55MM home of the smooth water, small drinking establishments on every bend, and Big Dicks home of the original minnow shot.

Still in Alton and boating pool 26 right near St. Louis.

Hueby, you gonna be out this year???

Anybody else? BiggersBetter???

Let's try to do at least one GTG this year. Boat and hang out anywhere in th pool 26 area, maybe meet for lunch at Cedar Hill.

I might come try it once, people tell me its fun up there but big rivers scare me id be the moron to hit the wing dike at 80

I might come try it once, people tell me its fun up there but big rivers scare me id be the moron to hit the wing dike at 80

There are definitely areas around here where you need to stay in the channel when the water is up, mostly on the MO side. There aren't a lot of wing dikes on the IL side of the Mississippi and the IL river.

Back