• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Midwesterners, check in!

Movin there soon...

What about Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes and 2 checkmates?:brickwall:
I run in central Minnesota and live in the big city of moorhead,Mn.

I'm a Minnesota Boy livin' the dream in FL. Moving back there in May, June or July depending on when the house sells. My mate is on Upper Corm...south of Lake Park.

I'll be buying a house in Fargo or West Fargo though.

Another Checkmate in Iowa

I am living in the IC area and tend to go out on the Res. It also has a nice party cove but I tend to only hit it once or twice a year. I like to cruise as much as possible. The res is move river like, has many coves and goes for 20 miles or more at normal water levels. High water can get you up as far as Amana unless you lack a pair or any sense of adventure. I took my new 24 foot checkmate up there last year. I know people with 20 year old Bayliners that wouldn't go up with us so go figure. I had one word for those fellas and it began with P and ended in y.

I grew up on the Mississippi so the res is like a swimming pool when it comes to needing a brain to navigate. It tends to get a bit boring unless alls you care about is sitting and getting loaded all day. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy that a few days but prefer to keep my brain and cruise after I get that out of my system. But I would definitely recommend the Mississippi. It is one thing I do miss living closer to and I usually make it down there 4-5 times a summer. I made 12 locks in 1 trip last year. Awesome!!!!

Have yet to make it up to Des Moines. But I do hear it is crowded so I tend to avoid those areas.

Hey man...where abouts did you boat on the Mississippi? I grew up in Ft. Madison and did a bunch of boating between there and Burlington (mostly Burlington). I know what you mean about lakes being boring to navigate compared to the river, and oh do I miss it. If you're heading to Des Moines Sewerville, I mean Saylorville isn't too bad if you want to party but definitely very crowded. Ought to try Red Rock...It's much larger and not as many boats. That's where I'll be spending most of my time once I get my Predictor done (I also live in Pella so it's right there).

Ok....add another southern Illinois boy to the pack. WOW....we're growin' as we speak. We're up to what........3 of us now?LOL
I work for one of the newest Checkmate dealers. Any questions, feel free to ask!

J

acer--
Saylorville is pretty choppy for any 16' boat on the weekends. Weeknights are OK. I used to run my predictor/inline up and down that lake--many years ago. Anyways, Little Wall lake is 20 minutes north of Ames on US Hwy 69 (Jewell). 600 acres. Big enough to ski.--way smoother. Red Rock has twice the acres and 1/4 the boats (Pella).

Im thinking we might be getting close to being able to have a small Iowa get together. Be the most Checkmates in one spot this state has ever seen.

Im thinking we might be getting close to being able to have a small Iowa get together. Be the most Checkmates in one spot this state has ever seen.

I was wondering is Indiana considered part of the mid western area?? I wish I could make that Iowa trip

Any one run on the St. Croix and the Mississippi. I just replaced my 91 Starflite witha 95 Pulsare and can't wait to get out again, but here in MN spring is having a hard time showing up since it may snow this weekend.:brickwall:

acer--
Saylorville is pretty choppy for any 16' boat on the weekends. Weeknights are OK. I used to run my predictor/inline up and down that lake--many years ago. Anyways, Little Wall lake is 20 minutes north of Ames on US Hwy 69 (Jewell). 600 acres. Big enough to ski.--way smoother. Red Rock has twice the acres and 1/4 the boats (Pella).

Sorry, haven't been on in quite a while. You're def. right, it's MUCH choppier than I thought. Hell, the last time I was down there I couldn't idle without waves coming over the splashwell! Beaching had to be aborted too, it wasn't the most fun I've ever had.

I will def. head up to Little Wall and check it out. I need to clean the carbs here before it gets warm!

hey guys, i just took out my new (old) predictor for the first time this past weekend on saylorville, and then okoboji for the fourth, and other than a little mishap with the starter nut coming off on the middle of okoboji it went great. if anyone is planning a get-together let me know, im living in ames until the first of aug. and then will be in the iowa city/quad cities area for the next year (at least). it would be great to meet some fellow owners.

looking to represent KS with my mate

Was just wondering if being here in Kansas qualifies me to be in the midwest mates. :surf:

New Checkmate member and boat owner, have been to the lake every day since I bought boat 3 weeks ago and love every minute of it.
Boat have evinrude 140 outboard oil injected and is a blast on the lake.
I have had boat to 55 mph on my lyeometer a couple times and boat
still had some left but I chickened out but still lots of fun

Is Indiana in that Central Region too?? I wanted to say hello and welcome to all that join, this is a great place to find ( Good sound info, and share ideas, stories, and help others find things on their boats ) I have learned a lot and made some great friends here. ;)

"Check"in' in from Derby, KS. Picked up my '99 283 Convincor this Spring. Typically take it to Lake of the Ozarks, but it'll see some other lakes in the midwest as well. It has been on El Dorado near Wichita twice.

Glad to see a good forum on these boats. I'm diggin' mine so far.

Back