• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Midwesterners, check in!

Newbie, bought my 251 last week. Live in millstadt, il, just east of stl 20 minutes. Anyway, I'll be on kinkaid memorial day, Carlyle weekend before the 4th. I'll be on the kaskaskia several Sunday afternoons. If any of you il/mo guys are around say hello. I'd be up for a Mississippi run sometime later this summer when I have more seat time in this boat.

I am from so. Illinois. boat at Kinkade lake and Ohio river. I am going to a Checkmate fun run on the Kaskaskia river on the 25th hope to see lots of cool Mates..

Still in Alton and boating pool 26 right near St. Louis.

Hueby, you gonna be out this year???

Anybody else? BiggersBetter???

Let's try to do at least one GTG this year. Boat and hang out anywhere in th pool 26 area, maybe meet for lunch at Cedar Hill.

Hey fireguy ... been a busy year. Sold the persuader and *gulp* bought a Baja 25 Outlaw... only been out on the river once this year. Planning on next summer to have a lot of cruising done. Hope to get some fall cruising in when the leaves change, etc.

Another midwest mate.

Long time boater new to the forum. We boat on the mississippi pool 16, 17, and 18. Red 251 convincor, it realy stands out in the crowd. Cant miss it especially with the lightning headers. sometimes we go to lake rathbun in southern Iowa when I can afford it but not often. Realy glad I found this forum lots of great info. Will be posting on new members intros when I get my photos off of facebook, not eazy for me Ha Ha till then happy boating.

Oh man winter is already too long!
What are the midwest guys doing for the winter
Besides slingblade...He is working hard to make sure his boat is faster than mine!
I hope we can get some people together this summer in the STL area.

For me this winter...
I am playing with my nova a little, going to start on my old truck here shortly,
and most importantly...getting ready for my little buddy to be born in January!
Just got the nursery all ready last weekend.

Here is a pic of the truck the first time around...I have to find a pic with the billet wheels on it. i ruined two of them on potholes and one is 10" wide and can't be repaired...Suck thing is that they are no longer in production so the stock ones had to go back on:shakehead:.
The original 350 has 330,000+ miles on it so I got a 5.3 ls motor I'm gonna stick a carb on, and then do some more suspension work. It should be fun!

100_2601_zps0b5fdc4e.jpg

It's not your boat I am worried about. Its that pontoon [not really] Yellow deck boat with 7 people on it on the Ohio that keeps me awake at night.:brickwall:
I don't care how fast it goes I just like toy's that can kill you. They are just more fun!!!!
I hope the big river fills up this spring. That run down the Kaskaskia to the Mississippi and then up river is a fun run. Not to mention the two bars on the way:bigthumb:

My transition to cold weather was winterizing the boat :yell: and picking up my bow for some deer hunting. :thumb: Deer hunting will get me through early January, but the rest of January till boating weather will feel like an enternity!!!

Other than that I have two motorcycle projects, a Kawasaki 454Ltd, and a GS850L that both need work. Not planning on keeping either, just fix them up, ride them a couple times, then sell in the spring.

The money from the motorcycles will go towards a new sound system in the boat, as well as a bimini top (need something to shield me from 107F days!!!) I also need to install a depth finder.

Looking forward to getting together in 2013.

Welcome to the newbies. Im in St louis area as well boat mostly on Lake of the ozarks actually went out in the boat Dec. 1 and 2. That makes 11 months straight we have been on the water with the new mate, and wife wants to go in Jan. to make it 12 months lol (she is a little nutty).

fast94persuader i have a 92 gmc just like your truck 200,000 on it just rebuilt the 350 to a 383 and dropped it 4 in front and 6 in back. just bought a 5.3 for mine as well going to supercharge it and put heads and cam on it.

Mine is a 2 inch spring in front with a coil cut out of it and just shackles and hangers in the rear for about 4. I'm definitely going to go with a flip kit in the rear, and I have a set of 2 inch spindles for the front I'm going to put on. I'm going to run a little taller wheel/tire combo to keep a little ground clearence. My "plan" initially was to do a backwards manifold turbo setup on my 5.3 and then do a ladder bar in the rear because I love the adjustability I have with my nova. Now with Jr comin and wanting to get the project done, It looks like I'm just going to keep the leaf springs for now and throw a carb on the motor with a big cam and some long tube headers and just get it driving again. I love that new cast tunnel ram that holley came out for these motors, but I think its overkill on a little motor like this...
I drove it around the other night, after I filled it with oil or course, and i realized how much I miss the truck! Blows oil like crazy but still does awesome one wheel burnouts!

To funny, I put a belltech kit on mine and it rides really good for as low as it is. I do have drop front control arms and springs and stock spindles ill sell real cheap drop front 4 inches. thinking about putting a ford rearend it, cut the finder wells in bed and move them in so i can get a 10 inch tire on it. Everyone is trying to get me to set it up for drag but i drive it everyday to work and both my sons have very fast street cars to go to gateway with.

Back