• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Chapter....Metro NY/NJ/West PA..?

What is the best name for the NY/NJ/West PA forum?

• Liberty Mates

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Hudson Mates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knarloid

Is there any interest in a new chapter for those of us in Metro NY/NJ/West PA?

We're slap bang in the middle of the Chesapeake and Patriot posse's.

There's enough of us to be able to trailer 1-2 hours and get a group to several lakes, The Hudson, or LI Sound (as examples) under our boats.

What names come to mind?
"Greater NY Mates"?
"Metro NY Mates"?

Poor contributions I know. Being the token Paddy around here, I don't know of any nicknames for this region. :p
(I sense a can of worms is about to opened)

I think its actually eastern PA, western would be out by Ohio.

Having grown up here its often called the tri-state area but it usually refers to NY, NJ, CT. Maybe "Metro Mates" or "Tri-State Mates"? Maybe "Fughetaboutit Mates". :D

I can get this set up for you guys if you like.

Come to a consensus on the Forum name and let me know what the description will be for the area it covers.

After you're got that figured out, I'll get the forum set up for you. :)

-Chris

When I hear "Colonial" I think of Virginia but maybe that's just me.
Me too. I think Kris is just trying to distract our attention from his obligation as the newest member of the Liners Club to buy the beer for all of our get togethers.
Maybe he's hoping that this new club will somehow get him off the hook.
How about "Dirty Water Mates".

I think Kris is just trying to distract our attention from his obligation as the newest member of the Liners Club to buy the beer for all of our get togethers.

Damnit!! ...you suckers are good. :brickwall:

I recently left my big coolerbox at a rugby field in PA half full of tins (sacrilege!). I was really missing it until I bought a boat with 2 coolerboxes built-in a week later.

Gents - What's your tipple for tomorrow? :thumb:
The coolerboxes need as much of a test as the whole rig. :D

Last edited:
I'm pretty easy as far as beer goes. Anything but Heineken or apologies in advance to you my Irish friend, Guinness. Maybe something from south of the border in honor of Cinco De Mayo? And no, I'm not talking about County Mayo back where my wife's family is from. :D I've got a bunch of Bud Light sitting in the fridge (us hill billies like that stuff) anyways.

John

Well I heard the seller threw in a years supply of Harp to sweeten the deal because it just wasn't good enough.

John

Back