• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New from Florida

Ale23Arg

Hey everyone,

I just purchased a 1994 Checkmate Persuader 218 and am thinking about doing some mods.

Has anyone installed a wakeboard tower on this thing? I really want one but im not sure if it can hold it or which one to get.

Any help is greatly apreciated!!!

Thanks,

Cool, I keep my boat at River Ranch and do most of my boating there. There is another guy on here in Jupiter and one in Ft Lauderdale I think. Enjoy your mate! Maybe I will see you on the water some day.

look around the picture gallery or google, i'm sure there was a boat called a "wake mate" might have been a 2400brx, but i can't remember.

Welcome to the forum. You might want to reconsider the tower as it will scrub off some speed especially with a big row of speakers across it. A hazard of bumping your head on it is also a great possibility. Enjoy your Checkmate and be safe out there. :surf::surf:

Welcome....I'm in Davie, and go in around the ft. Lauderdale/ Hollywood area.
Like a couple of the guys said, this is a need for speed site:thumb:

I have a 21' Enchanter closed bow with an outboard, and when I bought it it was all set up for wake boarding....drivers seat and horseshoe seating only.
70 lb box in the bow with 2 12's and most of the rigging on a Joystick tower.

I took the tower off, and redid the seating. It was there basic tower, and looked fine...the 4 point conectors are still on the boat, and some slight stress cracks, but nothing bad for a 27 year old boat that probably started as a wakeboard boat.
A lot of the newer towers look great...plus the mounting pieces all have backing plate reinforcements on them.

I'll try to find a pic or two. Good luck.

Back