• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

NEW RIDE

Very nice ride my friend :thumb: Between being able to sleep on it and drinking hudy, the cost savings should be justified. ;)

It'll get wet tomorrow. Two days after picking it up the wife and I went to Myrtle Beach for our anniversary. We just got home a little bit ago. It was hard to go away knowing I had a new toy at home.
We did have a nice dinner with Keith and Ashley while we were down there.

Come on down to LC supposed to be beautiful this weekend.

It'll get wet tomorrow. Two days after picking it up the wife and I went to Myrtle Beach for our anniversary. We just got home a little bit ago. It was hard to go away knowing I had a new toy at home.
We did have a nice dinner with Keith and Ashley while we were down there.

Nice seeing you. Dinner was pretty good. Ashley took her mom back the next night and I stayed home and drank Hudy D. I think it wins for the worst piss beer and I drink alot of piss beer.:bigthumb:
Have fun on the new boat and see you next time around.

Glad you didn't hate the Hudy. :cheers:

Jeff I wish we could come to LC but time and $$ prevent it. I'm heading out shortly to cut a few yards then cleaning up and headed to the river.

Reactions: jjg
Glad you didn't hate the Hudy. :cheers:

Jeff I wish we could come to LC but time and $$ prevent it. I'm heading out shortly to cut a few yards then cleaning up and headed to the river.

No problem. Hope you can get down here before you have to put her to sleep for the season. 😎

Now that sounds like a much better way to spend a beautiful, sunny , Midwest September Saturday. The lawn will always be there.:thumb:Jim

It was a good run. Boat ran great but water was rough and the wife was very nervous. Her first time backing the trailer in when we got there had her in a little bit of a panic. She did good and had a little difficulty backing down to get me out but stuck with it and got the job done. The ramp we used was crap, steep and narrow. The harbor area read 1.4-2' depth and the channel ranged from 4-6'. We will not be returning there. I was happy with the boat, it's a strong runner, planes quickly just need to tab below 40 due to porpoise. I ran above it most of the time and the fuel gauge showed it. We only took a couple photos that aren't very exciting and I can't share from iPad so unless I figure that out it'll wait until tomorrow. Hopefully going back out later today.

Here's the couple pics that were taken. The wife took all but 1 of them.

10338915_4775956052164_761461039_n.jpg

10705379_4775944451874_1014335118_n.jpg

10706466_4775908210968_463363398_n.jpg

10706481_4775883250344_1682449536_n.jpg

10639498_4774118446225_6749937036552141844_n.jpg

Here's the only one I took.
10522590_10201835803017109_3176292527373395948_n.jpg

It was a good run. Boat ran great but water was rough and the wife was very nervous. Her first time backing the trailer in when we got there had her in a little bit of a panic.

Was it as bad as when she saw my pretzel roll for the first time ?:lol:
Looking good studley !!! Im not used to seeing you at the helm.

Back