• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New to me twin outboard 251 Convincor

knarloid

Picked up this old girl today with Ramifications's joining me for the ride.
Huge thanks Spence - always a blast when we pick up twin outboard checkmates.
356997D2-CCC0-47BC-B42D-5AD6E0D4BAEE_zpsyyq7lyoy.jpg

The old Land Cruiser had no issues hauling her home.

A11A1DFC-B165-4F21-B388-2637C8F89DDC_zpsbboafhbv.jpg

Hoping these two 3.0 hotties are plenty to get her out of the hole.
340F6A1F-E599-43A7-B009-DF414B646C96_zpsb7vxychx.jpg

Got pulled over as soon as we joined the Parkway just inside NY - totally missed the rule about not towing trailers - even with a passenger vehicle.
He wanted to give us a hard time about not having a plate on the trailer, but it amounted to nothing more than "you are likely to get stopped again on your way home".
He took so long at his car checking up on details that we suspected he was reading my posts on this forum to see the history! :rof:
Luckily we got straight home from there without any stops.

8BA27220-D5A6-47EF-93CE-40F0C5EDA5FB_zpsox8kzo0o.jpg

I want to get the gas lines replaced and gas tank emptied of the 2yr old fuel out before I fire up the engines. If that goes well, I will try to run her in water before year end.
This is what she will look like in her natural habitat:

2ADA936D-904A-4178-BEF7-AA6F1D5338DE_zpsiqrzwuqq.jpg

Plenty to do, but the trailer held up great (tires great, bearings good, brakes good), so that's at least one less item to address.

Congrats Kris,
looks like there will be 4 twin o/b checkmates running together. Thats got to be some kind a record.

Thanks Keith.
I think so on the record. Since heading to KY with Ram for his 2800, we've been talking about lining up all these twins together for a photo (...most weekends of the season). We just had to wait until today to be sure we'd have at least 4. :D

Need to get creative on how we top Lady Liberty's Liners photo now. :cheers:

Nice Kris,
Good looking twin, it's about time you found one. Now maybe I will have to start looking for one. Good luck with it and let me know if you'll be in the neighborhood.

Nice Kris,
Good looking twin, it's about time you found one. Now maybe I will have to start looking for one. Good luck with it and let me know if you'll be in the neighborhood.

Thanks Tom. It's quite the project overall, but hoping the mechanicals are in good shape so it is at least usable until I have it where I want it.

Since when is it not permitted to tow on the GSP. That is a crock of CHIT!

You should have told that cop, he needs to go back to school!

Very Nice!!!! I'll have to admit, I'm a little jealous of you guys with the big o/b twins...:shakehead: I guess, it's time for me to find one too! :cheers:

Since when is it not permitted to tow on the GSP. That is a crock of CHIT!

You should have told that cop, he needs to go back to school!

It wasn't the GSP Jim, but the Saw Mill Parkway in NY, just after I left 684.
Let's say the guy wasn't a boater. :shakehead:

Back