• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New to the forum

stick1975

Hello all, been lurking around here for a while and figured I would introduce myself. I bought my 1974 Checkmate Jetmate in 2001 and used it for a few summers. It now needs a little, well a lot of TLC. It's my first, and only boat. Till I found this forum I never realized how special it is, I just thought it was cool looking boat with an engine I felt I could keep running. Anyway, I know I could buy one cheaper than I can fix this one, but it's my first, and it has sentimental value. I've read many of the resto threads on here and has giving me the confidence that I just might be able to do it. You all have some beautiful boats, and the resto threads are inspiring. Oh, and I would like to apologize now for asking any dumb questions. First dumb question, how do I post pics? I have some save on my computer, but don't know what to do with the URL.

:welcome: Jetmates are too cool not to restore.
Your pics must be online such as photobucket or another site. Then copy and paste them from there to your post.

Is there way to get them out of "pictures" on my windows program, or do I have to set up a photo bucket account?

Welcome Stick. Looking forward to seeing your Jetmate. Let us know all about it when you get a chance. You will need to get a photobucket account or another hosting site and post them here.Good luck with your resto.

:welcome:You need to set up an account or become a supporting member. I use photobucket and facebook to share my pictures.

1974checkmatejetmate.jpg
Made an image shack account. Here's a pic, I think.

Back