• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New upgrades you installed for this season

Layoffs are killing me

Well I unfortunately have to post a partial retraction. Last night, I had basically decided to have all of the work done by a pro and not spend much of my own time on repairs. This morning, just before I call to turn kevin loose ordering interior skins and such, I heard that we are having another round of layoffs in May.

So I'm just going to have him do the windshield and gel coat repairs and live with the carpet and a few holes in the interior for this year. I need to keep some $ in the bank until things stabilize up here a bit. I really don't think we've seen the worst of it GM will be filing in a few months and then it's going to get crazy. I think we're in the calm before the storm.

Thanks for the info Nick. I'll probably be checking in with Jerry once I get it back. - hey, do you ever go down to Grand Lake/St. Mary's? We'll be there over Memorial day.

Anthony, no prob. Yeah, I go to St. Mary's lake all the time! Thats mainly where I go- its only about 20min from my driveway. In fact, I'm fixin to go there this afternoon and finish up my tune-up. We should hook up memorial day.:cheers:

Heck yeah. We'll be camping - I shouldn't be too hard to spot in the maroon starliner and/or surfjet! I think our site is going to be near the dock again so I might just hear a johnson revving in the lagoon... If not, we have a silver mountaineer with MI plates and will have a bunch of white water kayaks laying around - my bro-in-law is a crazy kayaker.

I can't believe that you can only swim in designated areas on that lake! But it's nice and big and pretty stump free. The 4' on the depth finder in the middle of the lake is unsettling, but no problems last year.

We usually hit pizza hut for lunch (had a bad experience at the place next to the light house).

Well got everything together yesterday. Bluehealer and I had a perfect night on the water. Beautiful weather and no problems. Always a great way to start the season.

Here's my pics of my new additions.

New powerhead. 2004 250EFI with the regular dose of Simon goodies.

23izeya.jpg

Freshly Titus coned lower and Slidemaster 10" manual plate.

296m7bk.jpg

2 Bravo props 28 and 30

2r739l1.jpg

Hotbeek, do you have any concerns running two jackplates? Alot of guys on S&F are against it...

No concern at all. There's a lot of people utilizing jackplates and setback brackets. Essentially I'm using my manual as a setback bracket. This manual is as beefy as my Hydro Dynamics brackets. There's a number of people utilizing two jackplates. The two plates makes ideal setup so much easier and also gives you many options. I currently have my manual setup so full up on my hydraulic is my "sweet spot" no more guess work. Don't even need to look at my jackplate guage. Don't have to worry about inaccurate readings etc. And if I want to change my sweet spot up or down I'll move my manual plate to the new position and I'm set to go again. I also lockdown /tighten my manual so it will not move once set. If I want to reset I loosen the 4 bolts on the sides and manually raise or lower then retighten bolts.

Scream and Fly has a lot of people running smaller setbacks. Not many over there that run more than 12" of setback. The Pulsare's seem to run best (speed wise) with 12"+. I'm currently set up with 15 1/2". Ideally if some made a 15"+ hydraulic (that I could raise to the height I need) that would be perfect but I bought the boat with the 5 1/2" CMC hydraulic so I'm working with the cards dealt me. Might not be ideal but it works.;)

I've been running with my 5 1/2" CMC and an 8" Hydro Dynamics bracket for 3 years. Everthing seems fine so far don't jinxs me now ! :bigthumb:

I've been running with my 5 1/2" CMC and an 8" Hydro Dynamics bracket for 3 years. Everthing seems fine so far don't jinxs me now ! :bigthumb:

Hey Beek, I would never Jinx you!! Just want to see you break 100 MPH and do it safely!!:thumb: Wish I had that Simon motor hanging on the back of my Pulsare!!! I may be on the verge of having the fastest "stock" 225 powered Pulsare on the planet so far!!! I always thought that once I hit 80MPH I'll stop...but....I think if I get to 80, I'll want to try 90!!!!!:banana:

You're ambitious jumping 10 mph at a clip. Once I got over 80 it was 1 mph increments that were considered huge. Good luck and keep pushing !:bigthumb:

i have quite a bit going on, got a new floor and transom...the transom is slightly reinforced. ;) also getting the seats redone, new carpet and got some aqua buff on the way...probably be a few weeks til i hit the water

normal_Picture_567a.jpg

Just hit up Best Buy and picked up a new Kenwood head unit and a pair of speakers. Plan to get another pair of 6.5" or 6x9 speakers once I decide how and where to mount them.

Back