• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

NY harbor 10th May

knarloid

In case any one is around, we're planning a last minute spin out of Liberty State Park around NY harbor. Will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary, so nothing special. :rof:
Won't be on water till 3:30 due to kids sports.

Promising to be a cracking day so will post a few pics later.

Kris,
Happy Anniversity to you and the Mrs, and a Happy Mother's Day also.
Have fun, hope to see you soon.
TB

An awesome day out exploring in NY harbor today. Family had a blast. Plenty of antics......

Words of wisdom - don't try to cut the Staten Island Ferry......
SIsland%20ferry_zpsvctzu4iu.jpg

SIsland%20ferry3_zpsouwacabc.jpg

SIsland%20ferry7_zps4xh51krn.jpg

SIsland%20ferry8_zpso9bqxfy8.jpg

SIsland%20ferry9_zps8mr7fgbc.jpg

I never tire of this view from my own boat...

IMG_7879_zpsk8kbgjp3.jpg

Verazano Bridge
Verazano1_zpsynrhahfm.jpg

Teardrop memorial in Bayonne, NJ.
IMG_7875_zpsjlnqy210.jpg

IMG_7859_zpsqxioj6fl.jpg

824BBBBF-D70A-4E9F-B8A0-B4BA3E7E44C3_zpsckm7gzvz.jpg

Next stop Ireland!

76683E1A-1C1D-43D4-85A5-223D1B04A679_zpstxlnb0ho.png

Great pics:thumb: The coastguard shots with you looking over to them are priceless:sssh:

I was on the Mullica River for the first time today and definitely a good place to go. We had a Mom's day lunch at Oyster Creek Inn then stopped at Mott's Creek before venturing up the Mullica and Bass River.

Sorry we missed you. Happy anniversary!
Oh, and don't worry about the guns on the Coast Guard botes.
They're just for show. Rarely even loaded.:rof:

I can't help but wonder how Sim would have handled the situation(smile). The pics are very cool. I have heard that the CG guys around here become acutely aware and interested of fast moving boats in the proximity of not only ferry boats but big grey ones and even fancy ones that are able to submerge. They are very pleasant but a tad bit nervous.

I have heard that the CG guys around here become acutely aware and interested of fast moving boats in the proximity of not only ferry boats but big grey ones and even fancy ones that are able to submerge. They are very pleasant but a tad bit nervous.

I totally understand their situation. They had been near us by the Statue a few minutes earlier when we had launched (and we were getting the customary family photo) before they headed out into the harbor and circled around the ferry.
They were behind the ferry (You can just make them out between the 2 ferries in the first photo) as I was eyeing up my opportunity to accelerate around the ferry and get to the far side of the harbor.
They were very professional about it all and only stopped us for about 30seconds to explain the 'rules'. As soon as I apologized and admitted my wrongdoing, they turned away. I was glad I had the 2 kids onboard and no beers on show! I think they would have boarded us and checked all paperwork and supplies otherwise - like in 2011 when I was out at the 10yr anniversary of 911 with ATC250R.

I was sitting out by the firepit with a bottle of red and herself last night and she asks me "...so did you sh1t yourself when the CoastGuard came after us today?".
Of course I said No, and to be honest it was due to that 2011 experience that I wasn't concerned. They're good guys with a tough job.
But the GoPro footage is cool with them bearing down on us! :sssh:

I wanted to namedrop Petroni, but I didn't feel the need. :thumb:

The name of Patroni

ugh job.
But the GoPro footage is cool with them bearing down on us! :sssh:

I wanted to namedrop Petroni, but I didn't feel the need. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

One does not invoke the name of JTPatroni for personal gain or in vain.
What were you thinking, man?
:rof::poke::devil:
Wouldn't it be simpler to go Kabbalistic:rof:?:devil:
Seriously, that's an Ace up the sleeve. Him and Sammy the Vipe with them multiple nipples in the AM pics.
Reality has no chance.

Back