• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

STL Checkmate Get Together Part II

Sorry I missed you guys. I guess kharma kinda bit me in the butt. I had planned on meeting up with all of you but figured I could sneak in a friends birthday party first.
So we headed up the river around the duck club on the MO side and on the way back to Grafton, I broke down. Coil went out and I got towed back in.
Hope you guys had a good time.

Hi this is Charlies wife Chanda :p I feel the need to tell the story behind these pics and then ask a favor.... first of all I missed meeting all you checkmaters' okay so we were at Grafton waiting around for you all but it got to be around 2ish so we decided to take ride down river to the bluffs and float for a bit and then head back up to see if anyone had shown. So we get to the bluffs and they are gorgeous and we get the idea to do a photoshoot and the idea was to give Charlie some updated pics to put on his bulletin board at work by his toolbox so we got to shooting and had so much fun and I was workin' it and then we got done with me and Charlie decided to be silly and he wanted a chance to work it too :banana: so long story short I have something to say about it...just my own opinion it was fun and of course I think he's hot no matter what but my favor is, what I would really like to see on here is all "your" girls workin' it on your boats you know so I don't feel so lonely! :cheers:

I'm all about it, but I don't think my girl would be, so don't thnk I can help. Kudos to you guys for havin some fun. :thumb:

Headed up that way this weekend is anyone going to be out near grafton??
Man..I would love to go, but If I went it would be without Chanda...and she is my partner, and so much fun!. She has to watch a 'client' for 10 days....I was thinking about going out.

Still not done, big snafu was made on my back wrap-around seat. He has to redo it, he started yesterday on it, suppose to be done today or wed. Man I miss my boat. :mad:

I will post pictures as soon as I get it back. Hoping to have it out on the water this weekend.

Looks like I'll be back at Kinkaid this coming Sunday if anyone is around. Possibly Saturday too, but definitely Sunday. Got to briefly meet fast94, always good to see other checkmates on the water. :thumb:

Looks like I'll be back at Kinkaid this coming Sunday if anyone is around. Possibly Saturday too, but definitely Sunday. Got to briefly meet fast94, always good to see other checkmates on the water. :thumb:
i was ready to go sunday when the skys opened up. I should have went after the rain it was a great day.
Jason is one of the GOOD ONES . He has a very fast Checkmate.

i was ready to go sunday when the skys opened up. I should have went after the rain it was a great day.
Jason is one of the GOOD ONES . He has a very fast Checkmate.

I left my boat open from the day before, so when I woke Sunday morning to rain pouring I was mildly ....just mildly upset. :pissed: Took a look at the online weather map and figured it didn't look bad, and we kinda thought what the hell do we have to lose. First time I've pulled my boat out of the driveway with it already raining. It broke after about 20 minutes and the day was perfect on the water!!! Only got to talk to Jason briefly but definitely seemed like a good guy!! Luckily he left the cove before I did so I didn't have to get smoked by that monster.

How fast is your boat these days since the rebuild??

Aaron it was really nice to meet you. Well get together sometime. I apologize for not hanging around but we just don't know how many more boating days mom has left so we always gotta be with family when they are down.

By the way your boat is really really nice. Nicer than mine. I'd keep it and do little things here and there to make it a bit faster. Take it from me speed isn't everything. In fact if you sell it let me know.

And Jeff(slimgblade) you missed a heck of a weekend. Both days started out crappy And both ended up awesome! And Jeff's boat is gonna blow me out of the water when we finally get em together. Then ill need a pro charger!

Jason, nice to meet you too. I completely understand the family first philosophy, so no worries there. That's why I didn't stop by when I first spotted you. Knew you were with family and didn't want to interrupt.

I can't take most of the credit for the boat looking nice, the previous owner did a good job. That said, I think it looks better now than when I bought it.....I try to keep doing little things to fix imperfections. I thought your boat looked great and we'll have to get me together sometime.

By the way if anyone's around I'll be at Kinkaid Sat & Sun this weekend. :banana:

I only see pics of one boat. It didn't happen if there's no pics.;)

Cuz it has never really happened yet! We have tried a few times but it has not worked out but we got quite a few guys in the stl area who have nice boats we just have trouble getting everyone together.

(We just been using this same thread for some reason. It's way off topic.)

I made a 130mile trip yesterday from meredosia to grafton and I must say it is a beautiful place with a lot to do and see. I'm going to put in a grafton next weekend on Sunday and stay the night for labor day festivities. I spoke with Jason and I'm pretty sure he is going to be out so lets see if we can get some others to participate since no one showed due to weather a couple of weeks ago.

I was out this past Saturday, but phone went dead and charging cord went bad....... figures :(
I did get my boat back, here are updated photos with new interior and powder coated parts back on it. http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/j...9 Checkmate Maxxum/Updated Checkmate Pictures

I do plan on being out this weekend. Will try and meet up with others if they are out. Family in town Friday and Saturday, but leaving around noon I think. I might be able to get out Saturday afternoon, but i'm certain I will be out Sunday and Monday. I have a full tank of gas that needs to be burned.... ha ha.

Jason

I was out this past Saturday, but phone went dead and charging cord went bad....... figures :(
I did get my boat back, here are updated photos with new interior and powder coated parts back on it. http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/j...9 Checkmate Maxxum/Updated Checkmate Pictures

I do plan on being out this weekend. Will try and meet up with others if they are out. Family in town Friday and Saturday, but leaving around noon I think. I might be able to get out Saturday afternoon, but i'm certain I will be out Sunday and Monday. I have a full tank of gas that needs to be burned.... ha ha.

Jason

Boat looks great. Love the powder coated parts.....thinking blue powder coated parts would look great on my boat. If you don't mind me asking where did you have it done, and how much do they suck out of your wallet?

Jason

The Maxxum looks awesome --- love the powder coating :thumb:

I had Gateway Powder Coating do mine, they are in St Peters Missouri.
Really any powder coating place can do it, but I needed someone that had a big enough oven to fit the 17 foot side rails on my boat.
All together I think I spent maybe 500 on powder coating. That included the trim tabs, gas cap/vent and etc. Pretty much everything stainless on the boat was powder coated. This winter I will do the windshield. I tried to paint it this past winter but the paint is already coming off.:(

Jason

Back