• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Switzers anyone?

Kary

Pickin up a Switzer craft Thursday night. I was told it is a gull wing style U20. I surfed all morning and couldn't find a thing on that model. Maybe I got the model wrong, but it is a 20 footer. I have not even seen it yet. I will post pics when I get it home.

It almost has the lines of a Glastron Carlson.

If you could load your pics up in the Endless Boating gallery I would appreciate it very much.

I'm trying to slowly build EB into a boating resource for people to use.

And one of the things I've been doing, is slowly collecting and adding vintage boating related materials like outboard and boating brochures as well as vintage boating pics as I can come across them.

If you're willing to do that, let me know and I'll create a specific category for Switzers.

-Chris

Kary, several years ago I looked at a Switzer for sale in Battle Creek. A very nice example, metal flake brown. The best part was the wide pad made from Teflon. What's the history of the one you're picking up?

I will finish it over there and keep it rolling.

Chris, I am sorry about posting this here. I keep forgetting about the EB site. This would be perfect there. Is there any way we can toss these posts there if I open a thread?

http://s412.photobucket.com/albums/pp204/fijjity
fijjity

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted the wrong link

I am not very pc savvy when it comes to posting pics.
Here is the right link
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp204/fijjity/SwitzerGL20.jpg
SwitzerGL20.jpg
Sorry for the stupidity.

JW, this was on craigslist for free-just pick it up. It is brown metallic underneath the red. I will get some history on it after I pick it up. He also has a mold or he called it "a shell" I will be looking at also. He has a collection of Switzers to include one of the first Switzers which was splashed off a sailboat mold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know what you find out. I doubt that's the same boat, as the one I looked at was VERY nice for it's age.

This may not have any history

The owner of this one is Peter Switzer...Bob and Dave's nephew One may be his dad not sure now....lotsa talkin and less listening...LOL

And, why the heck is the picture big on the posting? I thought I posted the link no pic....I guess i will never understand this PC crap

I linked the pic in for you straight off the site it's hosted on. You use that square yellow mountain thingy above :lol:

Kary - no worries posting this here. It's all good.

Feel free to post them in both places if you like.

I'll add that pic to the photogallery on EB. :)

-Chris

I will post in both

I went to the site today and didn't really see a forum for restoration to post in.
I will be posting resto updates on that site as well as others that I do if there is a place for it there. With dial up, it is hard to surf. If I take one of our PC's up to the shop, then Kristi won't see me much at home....LOL
I am anxious to see what the mold is of. Would love to have it be the smaller version of the CL21 which is the SK175.

Now that i can do pics, I will post some of the MX15

Holy Cow

That thing is a flippin jet!!
He told me it was an outboard. I messaged him and told him it looked like an I/O then I saw the pics. he told me it was a jet with an olds in it. Kool swim platform. Kristi likes the idea of a jet since there is no trim involved....just throttle n go.
Time to rethink the resto plan. I have an olds aurora 4.0L indy motor that would fit nicely in this thing. Imagine revvin 10 grand across the lake in it? Maybe convert it to Vdrive since the jet would soak up a ton of the usable HP.

I went to the site today and didn't really see a forum for restoration to post in.
I will be posting resto updates on that site as well as others that I do if there is a place for it there. With dial up, it is hard to surf. If I take one of our PC's up to the shop, then Kristi won't see me much at home....LOL
I am anxious to see what the mold is of. Would love to have it be the smaller version of the CL21 which is the SK175.

Now that i can do pics, I will post some of the MX15
Kary, post them in the Switzer category that I created in the gallery for you.

-Chris

I went to photobucket to download a pic of the rear and I can't figure it out. takin too long to load and I don't even know if it loaded right....LMAO
I will post a pic someday...... The rear swim platform is too cool!!

Did you try reading the picture posting instructions?

If you have your pics on photobucket, you can just hotlink to them and post them here or elsewhere.

If you want to upload them to the EB gallery, then you'll have to download them to your desktop and then re-upload them into the gallery.

-Chris

Kary, post them in the Switzer category that I created in the gallery for you.

-Chris

I will swing em over there. I am going to pick it up tomorrow morning. Can't wait to get the ugly red off it.

I will look at it more. This dial up is crap. May have to get a Sattelite to get this crap done. Very frustrating

Chris

Can you post a link to the correct forum. I thought it would be in the boat manufacturer discussion section but saw no switzer there. Thanx

Back