• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tall Ships In Philadelphia=10/13/13

sim

Beautiful day yesterday so we put her in for a splash in Burlington. Near 70 and sunny. Not a lot of other boats out (mid october) but the ones that were out were mostly big multi-cabin, enclosed cruisers. Big, big wakes. Between that and the stiff breeze blowing small whitecaps it was a little snotty but the Enforcer handled it beautifully. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Mrs. sim was relaxed the wholetime but it would be fair to say that she did not scream too much.

In Philly we chanced upon a tall ship festival and a Baja pep rally. Pictures;
null_zpsf6ca9f00.jpg
null_zps84365495.jpg
1902 tug
null_zps5c63ccbb.jpg
null_zps9072eb07.jpg
null_zpsaa354128.jpg
USS New Jersey standing proud across the river in Camden;
null_zps2d014ccd.jpg
null_zps92ba0095.jpg
null_zps32055d9d.jpg
And I think I already mentioned there was a Baja get-together.....
null_zps5984d672.jpg
:rof:

Last edited:
Big, big wakes. Between that and the stiff breeze blowing small whitecaps it was a little snotty but the Enforcer handled it beautifully.

Hopefully Sim you were sitting down in the Enforcer, --- we know how you love to stand while driving :D

Not so fast

Checkmate Loyalty Police(CLP) here.

You said "Baha" more than once in a post and did not add POS(piece of s...), ROT(rotton old tank), LLB(looks like barf) or any other derogatory slang after the name.

What happened was one of them painted pink?

Shame on you. sim.:poke: I thought you were better than that.

I've only been to Philly once, but isn't the blue ship in the first picture a resturant? IIRC I ate on that boat while there, it was a pretty darn good meal, that's how I keep track of my travels.:shakehead:

I've only been to Philly once, but isn't the blue ship in the first picture a resturant? IIRC I ate on that boat while there, it was a pretty darn good meal, that's how I keep track of my travels.:shakehead:
You're thinking of the Moshulu, a big, black four mast floating restaurant which is always there.
Not in these pictures. There's a submarine right by it.

Checkmate Loyalty Police(CLP) here.

You said "Baha" more than once in a post and did not add POS(piece of s...), ROT(rotton old tank), LLB(looks like barf) or any other derogatory slang after the name.

What happened was one of them painted pink?

Shame on you. sim.:poke: I thought you were better than that.
My bad.

Another Tall Tale from Mr. Sim! I see B-more represented among the sailing vessels. Nice pics. Looked like a great day! And yea mine screams too.

:bigthumb:

Reactions: sim
I passed those tall ships when I was heading south they have big kahunas for sailing in what they were in it wasn't a walk in the park offshore or in the bay this past week or so. Heck I sat on anchor over by the battleship for 3 days

Back