• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

the fun of refinishing a predictor

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i got it completed today. the engine started on the first crank and didnt stall out. :thumb: tomorrow im gonna run it in the river. too bad i left my camera at work.

geoff, i used some aluminum stock. it was 3/8 x 1". i ran it to a 2x4 mounted just under the deck. i saw a bit of movment back there and didnt want to take any chances.

Raining here again!!
Just went through this thread from the beginning.
Very nice work!! Looks like it will be real head-turner!

Enjoy the Summer with your NEW boat!
(Man, I have to get mine done........)

They make a kit to install it to the cowl. Comes with brackets that mount to the pan. You run the cables through the hose and bracket into the engine.

i saw some on rick racers but they are for the 2000 and up cowls. i sent an email to rick inquiring about them.

adding more red

i was thinking about adding more red to my paint job. i want some on the sides and top.

for the side i was thinking of painting the area just below the black with red.

the top i may add some more lines like some of the older factory deluxe gelcoats.

any ideas?

DSC01920.jpg

DSC01949.jpg

I have that same tube thats in that them there stingray:D

Off topic, but I might end up moving to Florida this year myself. Tampa.:thumb:

Hey Boston
Tampa is awesome, let me know if you need anything.
Just make sure you bring down that Predictor
I might have an XR2 for sale when you get here.
Mike

Gofaast, real old thread here, I believe another member Buss bought this from Matt, and is currently selling it last I was aware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back