• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Time for some new shorts!!

Yep, no way that stain is going to wash out. I have heard that BCCC (Bunge Control Cord Consortium) steering equipment must be installed just so.

Last edited:
too much trim and heading into a stiff wind (watch the spray coming off his wake after he stuck the landing) That was a scary setup and probably could he been avoided with a hot foot or not needing to activate the go-go gadget arm to reach the throttle.

wow that steering looks really loose. WTF would someone mount the throttle way over there on a race boat?

I think bottom line is, the setup needs more driver.

thats about how my steering was the first time out, changed it out pretty quick afterwards :rof:

Pretty sure that it has a foot throttle and the lever on the side is only being used for shift and trim. With that being said i think that turn signal style trip switches are pretty available and cheep in the big picture. As for everything better with a foot throttle i disagree. It might be because i grew up running raged edge boats with my hands and hydros with dead man hand throttles but the only time i have about flipped a boat over 12 feet long was because it had a foot throttle and when it started to get sh!tty i used the throttle to hold myself in. down side was that also met i put it to the floor and was along for the ride! :eyecrazy:

Pretty sure that it has a foot throttle and the lever on the side is only being used for shift and trim. With that being said i think that turn signal style trip switches are pretty available and cheep in the big picture. As for everything better with a foot throttle i disagree. It might be because i grew up running raged edge boats with my hands and hydros with dead man hand throttles but the only time i have about flipped a boat over 12 feet long was because it had a foot throttle and when it started to get sh!tty i used the throttle to hold myself in. down side was that also met i put it to the floor and was along for the ride! :eyecrazy:

I like a hand throttle. It's easier to back off the correct amount, brace yourself, then ride it out at the right speed.

Back