• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Trailer Reverse Soleniod?

SCT

I've been having problems w/ reverse on my C-Hawk trailer (from sitting). I talked to the factory and they said I probably need to change out the reverse solenoid to the hydraulic brakes. Anyone ever did this? Is it a pain to bleed out the brakes again?

Thanks-

I figured it out already. I have a new 4 prong round plug for my new truck.....well I need the 5th prong (blue wire) to release the reverse brakes! Cheap fix for once....

I spent over an hour tracing wires on my trailer to get it properly hooked up when I first picked it up. I have no idea what the previous owner was thinking when he put the new harness on it but everything was out of whack. Sometimes simple things cause major problems.

I spent over an hour tracing wires on my trailer to get it properly hooked up when I first picked it up. I have no idea what the previous owner was thinking when he put the new harness on it but everything was out of whack. Sometimes simple things cause major problems.

What does this have to do with SCT's Trailer Reverse Soleniod?

What does this have to do with SCT's Trailer Reverse Soleniod?

I figured it out already. I have a new 4 prong round plug for my new truck.....well I need the 5th prong (blue wire) to release the reverse brakes! Cheap fix for once....

Drinking and typing don't go well together, you tend to lose focus. Try sobering up before your next post.

It also can be helpful when backing the trailer....LOL
Hook power to the blue wire and it will back up unless you have a pin-block.

Back