• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Trailer search

john clark

HI guys, I have a 21' checkmate starflite and am looking for a trailer for it. I live in Stuart florida. Any suggestions or trailers for sale out there?

A member on here, Sam I Am, had one for sale a while back, not sure if it sold or not. Pm him and check if it sold.

I would think in Florida you wouldn't have any trouble finding a trailer. When I have needed one I just looked on my local Craigslist, always found one withing a week or so for a quite reasonable price (heck, one of them the Eluder I have was included in the price!) Many trailers are adjustable as to what length boat you can put on it by 2-3 feet, as well as the placement of the bunks. Perhaps the most important thing to check after length is width between the fenders.

Trailers

There are so many, i just put a single axle aluminum bunk trailer under my starliner. Single axle is easier to move around and i use my boat in salt water so steel does not work for me. Bunks do support the hull better than rollers if you are not sure which way to go. Load-rite, sea lion, and venture have some pretty good deals.

Load-Rite and Sea Lion have not impressed me. But then as an ex welder/fabricator not many welded/bolted units do. I have a ShoreLander that I picked up cheap and it has the welded junction where the tongue bar meets the "A" section. solid and strong. I was impressed with this one.

Back