• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Vintage Jetmate

I have a question. Are they, like, official nominations for "Boat of the Month", from claupie and Jupiter Pulsare? Newbee jetmate just wondering?

wait till after the first of April and post it in the May BOTM nomination thread located in play to win. :bigthumb:

Make sure you pic a good one that has no other boats in it.

If any body out there knows where I can get a hatch for an old Jetmate please get in touch!!!!!

Thanks
Bob :bounce:

Still looking for that hatch if anyone knows where I can get one!!!! If not, post a short reply let the boyz know what you think of this 37 year old Mate!!!! Anyone have an idea what it is worth????

:cheers:

Maybe borrow a hatch cover from someone and make a mold or custom fab one to your taste. It's not real hard to do. I've fabed hoods for a few of my drag cars over the years and built the body and faring for my sons drag bike. Find a scoop that you like or center of a hood and start from there you will be suprised how fast it will come together. From the looks of your boat you have the skill to do it you just need to pick a direction and go for it.. If you do stay away from the abs products they do not bond well with fiberglass. LOL!! That was a lesson learned did not go well for the home team.

Maybe borrow a hatch cover from someone and make a mold or custom fab one to your taste. It's not real hard to do. I've fabed hoods for a few of my drag cars over the years and built the body and faring for my sons drag bike. Find a scoop that you like or center of a hood and start from there you will be suprised how fast it will come together. From the looks of your boat you have the skill to do it you just need to pick a direction and go for it.. If you do stay away from the abs products they do not bond well with fiberglass. LOL!! That was a lesson learned did not go well for the home team.

Thats what I'm gonna do if I can't find one. What I was thinking about doing was making a padded hatch to match the intirior with a small snorkle sticking thru the middle. I don't want a large scoop though. I'm looking for a small one, most of the ones I have seen on line are pretty big. Know any place that sell smaller scoops looking for plastic not metal. I can build a hatch.

Tanks
Bob :thumb:

jetmate thats a great looking boat, Ive always wanted to find one to restore, but their getting harder and harder to find. again great looking classic:thumb:

jetmate thats a great looking boat, Ive always wanted to find one to restore, but their getting harder and harder to find. again great looking classic:thumb:

Thanks,
There is an old thread in this forum, in Picture This, I think, of a Jetmate like mine it needed restoration. The guy said he was gonna fix it up but I never saw any more pictures. Bet he never did anything with it. I Wonder if he still has it? Maybe Chris could tell you how to get in touch with him. Chris posted the pics for him under, Yukon's 1973 project jetmate, posted 05/06/2004. Lots of pics in the post.:bigthumb:

Man that is a good looking boat. I had a 76 Jetmate I let it go last year. Their is another one on CM that a lady was working on I will try to find the thread for you. Nice boat and good luck on the hatch.

:thumb::thumb:

Here is a pic of the one I had.

P1010018.jpg

76_Checkmate.JPG

Anybody know if they ever put chevy big blocks in the jetmates like mine has, I've always had this 396 since I bought it used?

Hatch Cover for my 72 Jetmate

Well it looks like I will have to make a hatch for my Jetmate. I figured it would be hard to find a used one, so I ordered a fiberglass boat scoop from Unlimited Products. This will give me something to start with as I have decided to make it all fiberglass similar to the original. I may not start on it until fall, something to keep me busy over the winter, but I will keep you posted and post plenty of pictures as I construct the hatch. Enjoy the summer everyone!!!!! :cheers:

Back